Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Can a Motorola E815 act as Bluetooth Modem for a laptop?

jeffilm

Jun 20, 2006, 8:21 AM
My Motorola 710 is out of service (my wife placed it in the washing machine with my golf shorts!). Verizon wants to replace it with a refurbished 710. I was thinking on the newer Motorola E815. The best Bluetooth feature on the Moto 710 is that I got it to work as a Modem on my Mac Powerbook G4 laptop. Will the Moto E815 work as Bluetooth modem also? It seems from my research that the E815 only works with Bluetooth headsets. If this is true-can I hack the phone to sync up Bluetooth via my laptop?

Also, does anyone know if the E815 can also sync with with my Mac Address book? The Moto 710 does this and it's a great feature. Thanks for your help!
Data_King

Jul 25, 2006, 12:30 AM
Not sure about the sync with Mac but you can use the e815 as a modem.

There is a major difference for the cost as the e815 will access the Broadband network and has a dual network identifier (DNI). This means that you will have to subscibe to the $59.99 data package to use as a modem. If you are just using minutes now you are flying under the radar and also violating your terms of your contract. They usually dont notice/care in the non-evdo phones but dont expect the free ride to continue with an evdo handset because they can not track all modem data with the DNI.
thedarkseid007

Jan 5, 2008, 12:36 AM
here is what everyone has been trying to find to help on working on your E815 that alltel wants u to pay a arm and leg for to get to work...

http://www.3denvy.com/joshcross/
szwilson

Aug 7, 2006, 9:33 PM
I know that the e815 can dial an ISP phone number as a data modem via Bluetooth. From what I remember, it was kind of a painstaking process. I believe the phone must first be paired using the Bluetooth prefs. Then, you must enter your ISP information and match it with the Bluetooth phone in the Network control panel. Finally, you you should be able to connect through Internet Connect.

I don't know anything about using the Verizon broadband network for free...but its worth a try now that i know...
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 8, 2006, 5:50 PM
๐Ÿ‘€
cingcing

Aug 8, 2006, 7:04 PM
๐Ÿคจ
American Telephone and Te

Aug 8, 2006, 7:15 PM
๐Ÿ˜
jyarbro

Oct 1, 2008, 8:29 PM
I have Alltel and I use the Moto Phone tools to access the net on my labtop. I open phone tools then click internet, then connect and I am ready to go. It uses your minutes but better than the 59.99 they want you to pay. I used the krzr, razr, rokr, and the e815 along with may may more phones. Try that and it should work for you ๐Ÿ˜

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.