Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 9 replies

help with school blocking

namesuh

Jun 3, 2009, 8:00 AM
I work at a high school where they block cell phones b/c of student usage - sucks for us adults who then would like to use ours, especially when we have no access to long distance calls on school phones.
For whatever reason, many of us feel excessive blockage, the powers to be also block most all sites on the computers. It has now gotten to the point I can not even access my on-line bank account. I totally understand blocking facebook, my space and the such but seriously...bank accounts.
We do have wireless systems within the school and they were thinking of allowing students to have their laptops, that hasn't happened as of yet. In different locations of the school we are able to get cell service, I can even receive text messages in ...
(continues)
GraGG

Jun 4, 2009, 8:32 PM
why is your need to use a phone any more important than someone younger than you? AGE-IST!
namesuh

Jun 5, 2009, 5:38 AM
I am not saying that my need is any more important than someone younger than myself! I can understand why the school limits cell phone activity during school hours for students because of texting. I am not addressing cell phone issue, it is more the lack of availablity to access computer information due to blockage.
MrGoofball

Jun 5, 2009, 2:22 PM
Uh most work places block access to sites that are irrelevant to the job. Now granted at a school you probably have more access to sites then most of us for research purposes but really how is checking your bank account at your job helping you to perform your job better? Oh wait it isn't.
dartlady

Jan 1, 2011, 9:13 PM
I know this is old, but I have the same issue. I work at a different school and they block everything. Websites I use with students, websites I access to download materials for my students, or to order new materials for my students, and my private e-mail (which I mostly use for work related e-mail, etc. I got a Mifi which I hang out the window. Then I can get internet on my laptop, enabling me to do my work. Well, at least it did before it died and Virgin Mobile has given me nothing but trouble trying to replace it.
GraGG

Jun 5, 2009, 4:09 PM
i was just giving you a hard time... if they are employing a sender that blocks signal, theres nothing you can do unless you can access the root cpu and change your permissions for your line... not a the best answer but your sol man, sorry
snakpakdeuce

Jun 17, 2009, 11:57 AM
im pretty sure thats illegal if they are using a jammer. fite them on it if they are.
Cellinovation

Jun 23, 2009, 2:42 PM
Use of a Cellular Phone Signal jammer is illegal unless it us done by a Federal Entity with proper approvals. States have been fighting to let their law enforcement be able to have access to this legally, but have been denied for a long time on this issue.

The first time someone can not get signal to call 911 durring an emergency not only will the school system get sued for blocking a communications signal, they can also be charged criminally for obstructing protected communications signal, blocking access to emergency services, and if someone dies they could be held liable for gross neglagence, and even involuntary man slaughter.

I would bring this issue to state officials for cellular jamming. Chances are you will get no where wi...
(continues)
olderthandirt

Jan 18, 2011, 4:38 PM
Check with your IT department. They may have a way for you to access outside with phones.
Having worked in a school, I really like cell phones being blocked for students. Saw so much abuse and parents not being supportive in controlling their childrens use of cell phones during the school day.
pickles

Jan 30, 2011, 9:52 AM
cool bring up a 2 year old thread.

do a barrel roll!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.