Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Speed testing

ziomeks

Oct 3, 2010, 1:00 AM
I see a lot talk about speed - upload and download across differing network/carrier technologies but is there a definitive way to actually run a test and get a value? I understand about all the inheriant issues involved here, but can we just run a test? How is this done? Yes I am talking about a handset or wi-fi attachment device.
DE 2 Philly

Oct 3, 2010, 8:42 PM
theres a "speed test" app you can DL from the android market.... it'll show you upload and download speeds on 3G, 4G (Sprint) and Wifi.

In my area Sprint has the following...

Connection Download (Mbps) Upload (Mbps)

3G 1.51 .80

4G 7.2 2.5

Comcast Wifi 7.87 4.46
phyxlor

Oct 12, 2010, 4:28 PM
wow... ive seen around 13mbps dl, and around 3m ul on the Tmo G2

my G1 tethered to my computer ive seen 2.6 dl and between .2 and .7 ul
DE 2 Philly

Oct 23, 2010, 2:45 PM
13mpbs is impressive...

Wimax 2 update (Sprints 4G and coming soon) will supposidly do 300+Mbps... real world it'll prob. be 50Mpbs which is still extremely fast!

Right now Sprints 4G (Wimax 1) is capped.
Fredd

Nov 15, 2010, 5:22 PM
Hell, I am only getting 16906 kbps down/7720 kbps up from my office desktop!
ecycled

Oct 27, 2010, 4:29 PM
I like running the one on speakeasy.net this way its the same speed test on different platforms.

P.s. Google Speed test and you'll get quite a few results, the first few links are usually useful ones.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.