Phone Scoop

printed October 22, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=2196038

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

Top message:  Ericsson CTO himself said 3G didn't live up to it's true promise, are you going to question him too? by Jayshmay   Oct 25, 2009, 12:02 AM

Replying to:  Re: Ericsson CTO himself said 3G didn't live up to it's true promise, are you going to question him by Kagehiru   Oct 27, 2009, 6:53 PM

Re: Ericsson CTO himself said 3G didn't live up to it's true promise, are you going to question him

by Jayshmay    Oct 27, 2009, 7:50 PM

What you said about the bandwidth statement about 3G already happening with 4G is true, I've gotten 14mbps quite a few times on my Clear WiMAX connection, and the fastest speed in the 2wks I've had the service is 15.5mbps, of course these aren't average speeds.

I know the industry standard for the definition of broadband speeds is 768kbps or so. But as a consumer, when I hear the word broadband, I think of the speeds that come from cable companies, and 3G speeds aren't comparable to cable company speeds, but 4G most certainly is, so that's why I consider 4G true broabdand speeds, because they're comparable to cable speeds, and on some occasions even better.

Thank you for responding without being rude, bias, or a fanboy. Phone Scoop is FULL of those sorts of people!

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.