Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 14 replies

BUSINESS plan for data card / cellular broadband w/out cap???

toboboto

May 19, 2009, 12:36 PM
I really appreciate your time and expertise. I need a business plan for my LLC (have Fed. tax ID and state paperwork) for wireless data that doesn't impose a 5gb cap. I've searched and searched, and see lots of posts about consumer plans that have cap.

Is there a carrier that doesn't enforce this for business plans?
Kid

May 19, 2009, 6:43 PM
Alltel has unlimited data for now, not sure what happens when the Verizon change over happens.
jcsj6776

Jun 20, 2009, 8:25 PM
I know this is not a resolution to your question but I know why they cap data plans.

Cellular carrier cap it for Capacity issue. Just imagine all those data user, laptop, pda, and mobile web users and even calls made or recv connect 24hrs a day. It would overload their network.

For each call made via it being a call or a data connection it connects to the nears cell site which assigns you call/data channel, ok.

Now imagine hundreds or thousands connect to one cell site in the same area. Yes, capacity issue. Slow connection on your laptop, takes a long time to connect a call, missed calls, and etc. That's why some people get disconnect on a call while driving. That person was either driving to a cell site that was busier then nor...
(continues)
Menno

Jul 23, 2009, 1:50 PM
Yes, sign up for a company that looks like a scam 🙄
inboundSprintSlave

Jul 23, 2009, 9:54 PM
Sprint has a 10GB plan for 200.00/mo and a 20GB plan for 425.00/mo

AN AMAZING VALUE!!!!!!!!!! 😁
xanadul14619

Jul 30, 2009, 10:26 AM
and on sprint one wonders how effective it might be oiy...thats a ton of money
Oshie74

Jul 30, 2009, 4:21 PM
Check out Cricket if it's in your area or where you need it. They have local pops, not nationwide buy they cover quite a lot of the top cities.

They have a fine print 5GB limit but won't turn you off or charge you extra. No contract too. If you reach the limit they may limit the speed but I haven't known anyone to get their speed limited so it's nothing to worry about really.
brandtz

Aug 8, 2009, 6:02 PM
As far as I know, why don't you tether? Most carriers that have 3g will do P.A.M. phone as modem and won't cap it (for some reason they put it beyond reasoning that someone would rather use a add-a-phone line as a PAM exclusively instead of paying the same price for a connection card that has a cap.)

I mean I know it's a little clunkier to have to cord a phone to your laptop, but unlimited is unlimited. For instance as Sprint you can usually go get a business essential plan for your normal cells, have the $25 addaphone with the required $30 data addon and $15 PAM plan to allow that line to give you unlimited data on the phone as well as PAM, but more then that, your phone that you designate can ACTUALLY BE USED for something other then ju...
(continues)
2centsworth

Aug 10, 2009, 3:47 PM
Most, if not all carriers cap Tethering as well.
United73

Sep 2, 2009, 1:54 PM
Toboto,

Just curious, what type of activities/business would have you going through the cap? Assuming you had a good natiowide network, do you think there is a large enough market for a small company to create a truly unlimited wireless laptop card?

Thanks,
United73
TP2user

Sep 3, 2009, 6:36 PM
T-MObile is the only one that you can get away with unlimted data access. You must purchase a phone that has full internet access. Example, teather a G1, MyTouch, or BB and you can browse to your heart contents! I do this all the time and I always exceed 5gb in data. 🙂
United73

Sep 8, 2009, 12:43 PM
TP2user-

Thank you for the response. Just curious, what activites are you doing that have you exceeding 5 gb? Watching movies/videos? Can you think of any industies/jobs that would regularly exceed the limit? I appreciate it!
VOIP-COIP

Sep 10, 2009, 5:47 PM
Solution,

Easier to use COIP, this technology will allow Com Over Internet Protocol, so you access a regular local number, or an access number wherever you are in the world, and your call is routed over internet which is effectively unlimited data without any restriction or caps.

If you use a plan which allows friends and family deal, you simply plug in your COIP access number and you can call or access internet with unlimited use, so you order the least expensive cell plan, $40. deal and you are all set. I use to use TMobile when they had $10. data option, but it was capped, now there is no concerns, and COIP works just as well as VOIP technology now.

www.VOIP-COIP.com
mrpmpfan

Sep 12, 2009, 8:25 AM
Why do you need more than 5GB? Unless you plan on using youtube or doing online gaming 5GB will be hard to go over.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.