Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Tethered modem

yelrow525

Aug 24, 2009, 7:33 PM
I've heard a tethered modem connected on using Verizon's software is very unreliable. I was looking at a HTC Ozone and planned to tethered it once in a great while to my laptop. Is a tethered modem connection that unreliable? Can you not use Verizon's connection software? Thanks!

-Bill
Jayshmay

Aug 25, 2009, 6:49 AM
If Verizon didn't strip the wifi from your HTC Ozone your can download an app that will enable you to use your phones wifi as a hotspot. I don't know what the app is called for WinMo, I have JoikuSpot on my S60 phone. Look on wmexperts.com.
And of course it probably wouldn't be a good idea for Verizon to know. They just want to nickel & dime you.
yelrow525

Aug 25, 2009, 5:36 PM
I was looking more at using the Ozone as a modem through the cell connection not the wifi. I could do that with my Treo 750. The Wifi will be nice at a couple of places around here. I'm not buying the phone from Verizon. But, I will make sure it has wifi when I buy it. Thanks for the heads up and reply.

-Bill
TP2user

Sep 3, 2009, 7:09 PM
I would go to T-Mobile and get a data phone and teather it at no extra charge. Unlimited data access also! 😲
magenta

Sep 7, 2009, 8:08 PM
YUP I TETHER MY TP2 ALL THE TIME 😎 😁
decairns

Nov 3, 2009, 5:34 PM
For what it is worth, I had T-mobile (still do, for that matter) with unlimited data plan and an HTC phone running Windows Mobile (that phone is gone, along with the unlimited data plan). At the time I was able to be on the www the whole way across New Mexico as my wife drove!

How cool is that?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.