Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 8 replies

At&T wirerless 3G internet service

teemac

Aug 21, 2009, 3:31 AM
Just purchased wireless INTERNET service through AT&T. Their 3G is 60.00 after adding federal and state taxes I expect it to come in at around 80.00, Although the person the I spoke with knew nothing about taxes applied to charges.
I am so disappointed with the speed, its terrible, so I started timing my selection results and it never was less than 23 seconds. I had to purchase a satellite dish 4 years ago from a company named Starband, and after experiencing configuration problems when the changed their satelite I had no other option.
I started seeing 19.99 offer being advertized yesterday, also stating that it wasnt a promotional limited monthly deal. I guess I don't care because I'm canceling this service. It's worse than the old dial ...
(continues)
ecycled

Aug 21, 2009, 11:39 AM
you should run a speed test also. Yes the steel roof vastly affects service. Typical 3G service is 1Mbps, typical 2.5G(edge) service is 200 - 400 kpbs. If you are not in a 3g area your going to be hurting for speed but it isn't about speed just convienience, whether or not you HAVE to have it.

At&T service $60 5GB limit, $40 200mb limit(not advised, very little). after taxes should be 73 (taxes usually 18.25% in tx), if you got insurance then 78.

19.99 is a dsl price not a wireless, not to be confused with wi-fi which is a local connection usually limited to within 500 ft. of the wireless modem of a landline connection (think starbucks as an example).

These plans mirror Verizon. I don't know anyone else's because we don't have any o...
(continues)
mist668

Aug 21, 2009, 11:53 AM
Your probably on an edge connection. Signal strength would be affected by the roof.
mist668

Aug 21, 2009, 11:54 AM
Also since it is a data card it will only run you $60.xx a month. As a data card does not have e911 charges nor any of the other fun taxes.

Mine cost me $60.07 every month.
ecycled

Aug 21, 2009, 6:56 PM
It has taxes, surcharges and all that fun stuff.
mist668

Aug 21, 2009, 7:24 PM
My verizon aircard cost me $59.99 monthly access for the 5gb cap... bill total is $60.07
ecycled

Aug 21, 2009, 7:32 PM
Do you have a business discount? I promise it is a taxable device. If not then what the heck is .08 doing on your device. Pretty random?!
mist668

Aug 23, 2009, 10:02 AM
I have no idea, I imagined when I got it there would be a good deal of taxes on it around 10-15$ but i'm not going to say anything over the .08 cents. My gain their loss, or the state/government's
ecycled

Aug 23, 2009, 4:16 PM
no kidding, now thats a deal. Thats literally a 100+ savings per year.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.