http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=2091098

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

Top message:  Am I stuck? by andy2373   Jun 7, 2009, 7:30 PM

Replying to:  Re: I am stuck...for now. by mist668   Jun 14, 2009, 10:23 AM

Re: I am stuck...for now.

by gadgethead    Jun 15, 2009, 3:24 PM

that's not even remotely close to the same situation, I really wish people would stop trying to compare cell phones to cars it doesn't carry over. It's more like buying a plane ticket and when the flight is canceled and the airline says sorry you paid for a ticket on that flight so you don't get a refund unless you fly with us once a month for 2 years.
The wireless industry in the US is one of the few industries that controls both the hardware devices and the network that they are used on. The auto industry controls the automobiles (hardware device) but has nothing to do with the roads (network). The wireless industry chose this route, they could have just sold minutes and had the customer get a phone to use on the network like when you buy a TV there is no relation or restriction on the network you use (cable, satellite or fios/Uverse). Anyway making any analogies to the wireless industry is really difficult.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.