Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Web Access, It's not all the same

tttimw

Jun 3, 2009, 11:32 AM
I'm just curious if anyone else agrees with me that there should be a standard applied to phones that supposedly have web access.

It's pretty clear that a boost I290 is not going to have the same flexibility as that of any blackberry or IPhone on the market.

For those who study phones I'm sure you know what smart phones have what access, but to the novices etc. There should be a clear category posted as to just exactly what access a phone has.
GraGG

Jun 4, 2009, 8:27 PM
why?
tttimw

Jun 5, 2009, 2:51 PM
Because there's a considerable difference between say Boost Mobiles "Web Access" and the IPhone's web access.

Both just market web access or something similar.
GraGG

Jun 5, 2009, 4:07 PM
html vs wap... done
tttimw

Jun 6, 2009, 2:39 PM
That much I know,

The fact that the providers don't note it is the real problem. They all say (with appropriate phones) web access, they don't however explain what that means.
GraGG

Jun 6, 2009, 4:56 PM
thats intentional, why tell someone this phone only gets a restricted internet? just tell them its internet and they make money

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.