Phone Scoop

printed April 18, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=2042865

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

Top message:  Best overall service for wireless air card by George J   Nov 26, 2008, 12:17 PM

Replying to:  Re: Best overall service for wireless air card by irockash   Apr 10, 2009, 5:43 PM

Re: Best overall service for wireless air card

by ihsoccer2004    Apr 13, 2009, 4:06 AM

About using the in-store testers... those are great in theory but you also don't see them under real world conditions. They are always going to run at top speeds in the store - Unless someone dropped the ball, every store is blasted with about 99% signal strength.

Unfortunately, conditions differ greatly in the field. I have used both Sprint and AT&T aircards extensively and I've found Sprint's network speed to be consistently better, 100% EVDO (none of the this EDGE crap), with lower latencies.

Most of the time Sprint's network coverage is superior, but not always. AT*T is trying though... I loved how for months they only had 2-3 of 20+ towers in malibu upgraded to 3G yet they touted it as one of their 3G cities on the website Smile

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.