Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 27 replies

does anyone have a clue?

lady- capricorn

Dec 15, 2008, 1:10 PM
hello eveyone! im new to phonescoop. Im a sprint user and get my upgrade in april. Im really leaning towards the blackberry curve 8330. The only problem is the only way you can send pictures is through email attachment or via bluetooth. Can anyone tell me if rhey are going to get an upgrade for the phone so u can send it straight to a cellphone? when i call sprint the act like they don't have a clue and say its blackberry's fault. well, any reply would be gladly appreciated!
ajlineman

Dec 15, 2008, 9:50 PM
You asking how to send it to your phone from another source or how to send it to another phone from yours?
OfAMightDivine

Dec 16, 2008, 12:13 AM
If how a devices does or does not send picture messages is a purchasing choice, you do not need a Blackberry.
lady- capricorn

Dec 16, 2008, 2:42 PM
Im Talking About Sending A Picture Message From The BB 8330 curve to another cellphone. Sprint Says Right Now You Can Only Send Them Through Email Which Sucks.
OfAMightDivine

Dec 16, 2008, 2:57 PM
I know what you're talking about.

I deal with tards all day long.

My point was that if you're concerned about a picture message, and it's enough of a concern to make you switch devices, then you do not need a Blackberry device.

No, there will not be an update. It's how Blackberry's and PDA's work. If it bothers you, get a cell phone and not a data device.

Typing With All Capitals On Each Word Is Annoying And Serves No Purpose. A Capital Letter Is Meant For Proper Names And Titles And The Beginning Of A Sentence.
lady- capricorn

Dec 17, 2008, 1:06 PM
Thanks, but i am not an retard! And whether or not it has the ability to send pictures through to another cell phone actually is not that crucial to me. I just wanted to know if they were going to fix that. Besides,a customer wants what they pay for. that's just like getting a phone plan that a cell phone doesn't have all the capabilities of so you're stuck with paying for something your phone can't do.
lxav06

Jan 16, 2009, 10:25 PM
that's wen you look toward another device. that an do what you want it to do when needed.
Azeron

Jan 24, 2009, 10:01 AM
That's not just how Blackberries work. That may be how Blackberries work on Sprint, however. I have an 8330 with Verizon and I can send receive pix messages to phone numbers not just email. Now, Verizon is on average a more expensive carrier options so I am not saying that you should switch by any means.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 16, 2008, 4:49 PM
Huh? I can send picture msg just fine with my BB Pearl, granted it is a different carrier, but I think the Sprint folk either don't know what they are talking about, or don't know what they are doing.

I would recommend going to http://www.crackberry.com and posting your question in their forum somewhere, you will have better luck getting someone with Sprint, owns a BB, and knows how to use it to answer your question there than here.

I would assume you can send a pic msg just fine with it, and anyway the pie is sliced, I guarantee you it isn't on the BB end that it isn't possible if it proves to be true.
lady- capricorn

Dec 17, 2008, 1:20 PM
🙂 thank you for your reply! you know what, i do think it's sprint. I actually called RIM myself, and i also read posts from berry and other sites.You can send pics but only through email amd bluetooth. It's not that big of deal to me but some people don't do email and would't get the pic and i think it would easier on us being able to do it that way. well. thanks once agin.
ms.ashlee

Dec 18, 2008, 10:15 AM
I have a question lady-capricorn. Are you using the internet on your device or do you not have a data package? If you do not have data then the picture will not send because the picture goes through the internet server. I owned a pearl and a curve and both would send pictures. Also I worked for US Cellular and now I work for At&t and I know that Blackberry's from both of those companies do send picture messages. One more thing...Crackberry.com is a great resource for you to use! Hope I helped.
lady- capricorn

Dec 19, 2008, 1:43 PM
Thank you so much for your response. I don't actually have the curve yet. I was going to upgrade to it when my contract is up. Sprint had told me that you can send pictures but only through email and not directly to another cell phone. I have been to berry and ive read about people who have been saying the same thing about the picture mail. I guess it's just sprint. Well, thanks again for your help! 🙂
dalily21

Dec 20, 2008, 10:05 PM
It is just sprint's BB curve. I have it and I cannot send pictures to an actual phone #. Only thru a messanger (Blackberry, Yahoo) or email.

A friend of mine with an AT&T Blackberry can do it just fine but couldn't take videos until the new s/w .75 came out.

Maybe when Sprint comes out with the new s/w for the BB it will allow picture messaging. I mean what else could it update on the BB that other carriers did. It has a lot of the stuff that the other carriers didn't before the update.

I heard that they came up with a newer s/w for some pda/smartphones that allowed MMS. So, who knows what will happen. I will let you know if that changes when the new s/w comes out.
lady- capricorn

Dec 22, 2008, 1:31 PM
Thank you so much 🙂 I asked do they think they would come up with that upgrade and they said that they did't know and that all of their smartphones are set up that way.
JesusSaves

Dec 23, 2008, 7:26 AM
The BlackBerry® Curve┞¢ 8350i has the capability to sent to another phone and so the statement "all of their smartphones are set up that way." is incorrect.
lady- capricorn

Dec 31, 2008, 2:01 PM
here where im from the 8350i don't hit retail til Jan. 11th and I wasnt talking about the 8350i because that's not the one i want. I was told that the smartphones was set up that way. I wasn't saying it as if it was true. That was what I was told by a sprint rep and read in other forums. Thank you anyway!
JesusSaves

Jan 1, 2009, 10:29 PM
Oh ok...well if you change your mind the 8350i is already available online at Sprint.com or you can call in and they can ship it to you UPS or Fedex.
Jayshmay

Dec 24, 2008, 8:08 AM
Hey! Just writing to say !!WELCOME!! to Phone Scoop, it's an awesome website. You should visit regularly.

I am sorry for you that you are with Sprint though. I have a BB Curve and sending pix as an MMS with AT&T is super easy. The Curve isn't my primary handset though.
lady- capricorn

Dec 29, 2008, 1:19 PM
thanx for Welcoming me here. I really appreciate it a lot. I realized that its just sprint. I have been with att and verizon. The only thing thats keeping me with sprint is the pricing and the plans they offer.
Jayshmay

Dec 29, 2008, 8:38 PM
I don't have a clue what your username is all about, ...but I like it. I like anything with the word lady in it.

So anyway, I am so, so glad 2008 is almost over, I'm going to try to make 2009 as fresh as I can, anything/anyone new in 09 would be a good thing.
lady- capricorn

Dec 31, 2008, 2:02 PM
🙂 Thank you! and you're right. New is all good.
Azeron

Jan 24, 2009, 10:06 AM
I must say that pricing would keep me, too. I would switch to Sprint, but I have an 8330 and 6900 with Verizon and no plans on buying new phones from another carrier. If sprint opens its network up to Verizon phones. Here I come! LOL
filerx

Dec 29, 2008, 5:21 PM
According to RIM, they don't forsee any software up grades to their existing Blackberry line up with Sprint to allow picture mail/mms services.
lady- capricorn

Dec 31, 2008, 2:04 PM
ok, Thank you!
Azeron

Jan 24, 2009, 10:23 AM
Here is something which may help... With Sprint's Curve you are only able to send a picture message to an email address, not a phone number. Why don't you convert the phone number into an email address then? For example: Say you have a friend who has a Sprint phone and their number is (310)777-9311. Send an email to 3107779311@PM.SPRINT.COM. If your friend is with AT&T: Send it to 3107779311@MMODE.COM. TMOBILE: 3107779311@TMOMAIL.COM and Verizon would be 3107779311@VZWPIX.COM

You may not have purchased a Sprint Curve yet. If you have not then I suggest that you go into a store which has live phones and give these addresses a try. (Substituting actual phone numbers with the carrier in question, of course. This SHOULD work. I...
(continues)
lady- capricorn

Jan 30, 2009, 2:05 PM
Thank you so much for your reply! 🙂
dalily21

Feb 8, 2009, 12:02 AM
The new BB software release with Sprint allows you to do MMS now. So now you don't have to worry about just sending it to email, messanger, or bluetooth
Cattsmasher

Feb 8, 2009, 11:18 PM
might you know how to put music on mp3 phones? i have a ve240 motorola..i have a mini sd..but it says the sd doesn't contain supported files even though they are mp3 format..

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.