Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Track Friends On Cell Phone Map: What phone???

nikasmomma

Nov 19, 2008, 7:34 PM
About a week ago, I saw a TV ad for a phone that has a real time friend mapping feature. In other words, you have a group of friends programmed into your phone, then if you decide to see if your group is available to go to the movie, dinner or whatever, it will show you on a map where your friends are at that time. I didn't focus on the commercial at the time, so I can't remember what phone has this feature. Does anyone here know?
attverizonslave

Nov 19, 2008, 10:04 PM
the iphone does the tracking. dont call att about it though. call apple. our database doesnt say anything about it
ajlineman

Nov 19, 2008, 11:01 PM
Does it really? Do they have to do any provisioning for it in billing system or is strictly an apple provided service?
Scytherend

Nov 25, 2008, 11:58 AM
Looks to be Apple Proprietary as of now.
ajlineman

Dec 3, 2008, 3:56 PM
Good, that means AT&T isn't responsible for provisioning the account with anything. 😁 less work for me!
Scytherend

Jan 1, 2009, 6:16 PM
Yep, looks more like a widget.
Tomdg07

May 14, 2009, 12:42 PM
att familymaps works any phone even without gps just way less acurate 9.99 a month 2 lines 14.95 up to 5, or try loopt free on certin devices
fer712

May 15, 2009, 4:23 PM
the feature works on any phone the feature would get applyed to the primary line on the account but the phone is got to be internet capible ex internet pay per use if the phone u r tracking has internet blocked it will not b albe to b tracked
alexsam

Jul 26, 2011, 8:28 AM
There is no need to buy such a precious cell phone, because now there are many softwares/apps are available at very reasonable prices that allows you to trace, spy and monitor your friend's activities through his/her cell phone. I think it s very cost effective idea to buy one of these apps/softwares due to their vast variety of features.
hobble

Jul 27, 2011, 1:54 PM
It's called google lattitude.
azure0434

Sep 18, 2011, 8:27 PM
I also want to know. Thanks

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.