Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Wireless reception

Tom1944

Dec 4, 2008, 7:05 PM
I live in a fringe area where my E815 only gets 3 bars on a good day. Do you think a wireless card will work in my computer? My landline stinks. I cannot get DSL out here and I only connect at 26.4 at best. Thanks
llama

Dec 4, 2008, 8:11 PM
That's exactly what test periods are for.
pantech.slate2009

Dec 6, 2008, 4:14 PM
llama said:
That's exactly what test periods are for.

LOL Llama, you are the phonescoop sniper!
Saint.Patrick

Dec 4, 2008, 9:31 PM
I agree with llama on this one. My recommendation Tom1944 is to check with the various wireless carriers and check to see what type of data coverage you'll have in the different places you will be using your laptop. One thing I do know is are distinctive speed differences between CDMA data verse GSM data services.
Tom1944

Dec 4, 2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks SaintPatrick. I didn't know they had trial periods. I have an Alltel plan for my wife and I. I should know all this stuff because I worked for Motorola for thirty years (1960-1990)when they where a fantastic company. I will take your advice and give it a try. Thank you again.
As for you llama, people ask questions to get information. Jumping to a conclusion that a person should be cognizant of all phases of a topic. If this where true, why would they ask a question?
llama

Dec 6, 2008, 12:12 PM
Then I might suggest you develop an affinity with Saint.Patrick. He fancies himself as an expert in everything connected with mobile phones.

I guess I assumed you've actually seen any advertising, or maybe a website or maybe even stopped by any carrier's store or kiosk and seen the fact that every carrier has (and advertises) a test period. We're not in the business of pissing people off by tying them into contracts and the service doesn't work for them. As a matter of fact, many carriers offer "no contract" service - not just prepay.

My bad.
Tom1944

Dec 6, 2008, 4:10 PM
Well, I guess you have a point because most people think all others are like them when making assumptions. My problem though is that I am much older than you and disabled, so I don't get out to malls and only watch TV when a goood game is on.
Let's start over and not hold any animosity okay? Tom
llama

Dec 6, 2008, 4:48 PM
It's all good. 😁
Ramon Patrick 3

Dec 7, 2008, 3:46 PM
llama said:
It's all good. 😁

It's all good in da hood! 🤣
yoboy8

Dec 14, 2008, 12:05 PM
so your getting 3 bars with a E815 at home and you want a aircard for home use? then the UTStarcom UM175 will work better in your area...its got speeds up to 3.1 Mbps 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.