Phone Scoop

printed October 23, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=18&fi=1926261

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

Back to message list

Newbie Needs Help Picking Phone/Provider:IPhone 3G, Samsung Behold T919, Sony Ericsson W760, etc.???

by nikasmomma    Nov 13, 2008, 4:54 PM

It's been 2 years since I've bought a cell phone {a Razor}, and since our contract with Verizon is over and we are not happy with them. We are looking for new phones and provider.

A lot has changed in 2 years and I'm overwhelmed trying to figure out what to get.
I'm not a very technical person. I'd like quality camera, GPS nav., the ability to surf the web and send the occasional email, and playing music would be nice too.
I've looked up Apple iPhone 3G, Samsung Behold T919 and Sony Ericsson W760 online. I've briefly played with the Behold and the W760 in stores. Behold seemed a bit easier to use than the W760, but I don't don't know if it was a fair comparison, because I received a lot of assistance with the Behold at the TMobile store and the sales person at the AT&T store didn't give much guidance on using the W760. Based on your experience, which of the phones sounds best for my needs? Or is there a phone I'm missing that you think would be better?

While I'm collecting info, I thought I'd mention what my husband might be looking for.
He is quite good with technology. He's a college professor and is looking for something with Java (J2ME) to upload programs that he writes. He's mentioned WiFi, and being able to do work on his phone. Looking back at the Phone Scoop history, he has looked at:
Pantech Matrix C740, Samsung Epix i907, HTC G1, Pantech Duo C810, and Samsung Instinct M800. I'm not sure if there is any particular phone he's leaning towards, but I though I'd get your input.

I'm the one that's really lost.
BTW, how well do AT&T, T Mobile and Sprint do for coverage and service in Orlando FL, northern Maryland, south central Pennsylvania and the Berkshire Mountains of New England (where Mass., NY and CT meet)? Thanks in advance for your help!

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.