Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Struggling with BT - v551 and PowerBook

macfreak

Feb 9, 2005, 9:07 PM
They discovered each other last night, and I could briefly browse the phone on the powerbook tonight.

But then I was trying to put in a connect script, and something screwed up. The phone asked me for a password, and I remember the computer giving one last night, but I didn't have it written down to remember it.

I tried deleting the phone and computer from each other's device lists and reinstalling, but the computer can't discover the phone now.

I'm sure what I have done is dumb for lots of reasons, but any suggestions of what to try next?

Thanks.
ralph_on_me

Feb 12, 2005, 1:57 PM
If you deleted them then you should be able to "re-bond" them. Make sure the phone is discoverable, then have your powerbook search for devices. It WILL find the phone, and then it will ask you to make up a password on the powerbook, which you then verify on the phone. A mac won't fail you, give it another try.
macfreak

Feb 12, 2005, 2:05 PM
Thanks very much. Turning the phone off and on did the treat.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.