Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

charged for Wifi or only cell tower use.

Maarek

Jul 1, 2008, 7:47 PM
I'm guessing most who have a PDA/smartphone keep their data plan. But if you were to go cheaper and mostly use the phone in a wifi signal, will they keep track of that as if you're using the towers?

The reason is, the signal is so poor in my house, I almost cannot use my phone, but I have a boosted router that works all around the house and on my property. Question is: If I get a smart phone with wifi capabability or add a wifi card, can I just sign up for a cheaper plan and use the wifi for all my data needs? When on the road, I make sure the programs are turned off.

Further, the reason why I'm thinking this is that the future symbian/LiMo/Android OS for phones will be out and PDA/Smartphones will be the easier ones to convert tha...
(continues)
tkboxer

Jul 3, 2008, 12:22 AM
You didn't say which provider you are using now, but if you are using AT&T or TMobile the smart thing to do would be, buy your smartphone/pda unlocked. Then you can access your account online and add the cheapest unlimited data plan they offer, which for AT&T is $15 a month.
With a slow connection speed (EDGE) its not really worth more than that. I too use wifi alot even with a unlimited data plan just because its so much faster.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.