Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Motorola RAZR2 V9m as bluetooth modem on a mac

Georgec

Jun 24, 2008, 6:05 AM
I had a support contract on my old phone and it died. Sprint gave me a Motorola RAZR2 V9m. It has bluetooth and I have paired it with my MacBook Pro for data sync. But it won't connect as a modem. The Mac appears to "see" it as a modem, but when I try to connect I get an error message that says there was a problem with the modem.

Anyone have any ideas?
Yean

Jun 29, 2008, 10:21 PM
What was your previous phone? Do you have a phone as a modem plan?
Georgec

Jun 30, 2008, 9:37 AM
Previous phone was a Samsung M610. Worked fine. Yes, I have a phone as modem plan -- though if I can't get this to work I may as well cancel it, I guess.
Yean

Jun 30, 2008, 11:42 PM
The Moto v9m, RAZR2 does support DUN Bluetooth. I'll take a look at a demo tomorrow, and will let you know. I will also PM you with a useful number, that should be able to assist you, with a step by step process.

-Yean
Georgec

Aug 6, 2008, 10:39 AM
Yes, I have a modem plan.
Last phone was a Samsung M610 (I think) and it worked, at least with a cable if I recall correctly.
Georgec

Aug 6, 2008, 12:07 PM
I just finished a half-hour session with Sprint support. There were the following final points.

1. Sprint said that I MUST use "Sprint SmartView" to use my phone as a modem.
2. Sprint said that Sprint doesn't make a version of "Sprint SmartView" for the Mac
3. Sprint said that they have no idea where I got the copy of "Sprint SmartView" that is currently running on my Mac.
4. Sprint said that they need Apple to supply drivers and Apple has not done so yet.
5. And finally, they said that Sprint doesn't support cell phones as modems on Macs.

Fascinating. 👿

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.