Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Download youtube videos

bm2780

Feb 7, 2008, 11:48 AM
Can ne 1 tell me how to download youtube videos to my duo?
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 7, 2008, 7:08 PM
You need to find software than can extract FLV files which is the format YouTube uses and a converter that can change the ripped FLV file to a 3GPP or 3GPP2 one.
beeferjay

Feb 8, 2008, 9:59 AM
you will need a phone that can stream video (3G)
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 8, 2008, 10:25 AM
Not necessarily. You can play 3GPP and 3GPP2 files that have been stored directly on a multimedia card (provided your device has a slot).
beeferjay

Feb 8, 2008, 11:01 AM
he said dl from youtube, youtube just revamped their site to accomidate all devices that can stream video.

you method is the cheating way
Bufford T. Justice

Feb 8, 2008, 1:27 PM
Still works though... 🤣
I_Heart_Poop

Feb 12, 2008, 3:00 PM
the device he mentioned (pantech duo) is a 3g device. so if he goes to tinytube.net he should able to stream from there.
ReaperTut

Feb 12, 2008, 9:13 PM
yea, but streaming and downloading in his reference are two different scenarios.. i think he's looking to save the file to his device to not have to go back to the web to view it..
vs1phn

Apr 17, 2008, 2:39 PM
go to handago.com and download mobiola converter. it will convert all files and allow you to drag and drop from youtube to your device. instant download, works great, you can try it before you buy.
tick

Apr 9, 2008, 10:50 AM
There's a Firefox extension called "DownloadHelper" ( http://www.downloadhelper.net ). It allows you to download the .flv videos from most if not any site. You need to download a .flv video player to watch the videos you download.

I was also curious if there was something similar available for phones that would allow me to download and then watch the video offline.

Thanks,

-Tick
ihateeverything

Apr 11, 2008, 3:35 PM
Umm yeah you can store files and convert on your computer and save to a memory card for ****ing YOUTUBE lol or you can get verizon and have it stream flawlessly to your phone.
I AM GOD

Apr 12, 2008, 2:02 PM
Are you sure that can't be done on a 3g phone from at&t?!?!?!?!?! 😕
ihateeverything

Apr 12, 2008, 6:54 PM
Mobile youtube is optimized for verizon. If you got an at&t hsdap and you go to the mobile youtube site, which is: http://m.youtube.com maybe. I haven't tested it with other carriers.
ihateeverything

Apr 12, 2008, 6:55 PM
oh sorry, 3g yeah but rev0 and hsdap are faster will load any video in less than 2 seconds
X_MOSES_X

Apr 16, 2008, 12:22 PM
It can but it is limited some videos you just can't view based on the type file format
X_MOSES_X

Apr 16, 2008, 12:00 PM
😁 Sprint has quite a few phones that will view any youtube videos. Here is a liat of them....Samsung A900, Fusic, Music, Samsung m520, Samsung upstage, Katana II Deluxe, Palm 755, Palm Centro, Blackberry 8830, and Blackberry Pearl.. Motorola has yet to develope software on any of their phones to watch youtube as of yet.. Try looking into Sprint's unlimited plan for 99.99

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.