Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Splitting Verizon Wireless Broadband

snowbunny

Apr 7, 2008, 10:38 AM
What is the easiest/cheapest way to split the service from one usb modem to 2 computers at the same time? Will the split usb cable work? Is that the easiest/best way to go?
Kagehiru

Apr 7, 2008, 11:22 AM
A split cable will not work. If you have a switch, you could share the internet connection between the two via ICS. Otherwise, there is a router made by Kyocera that will take an aircard. I haven't had my hands on one, so I can't tell you how well they perform, but I have heard they do well.
suncomunist

Apr 7, 2008, 4:29 PM
you can also get a wireless router they're pretty cheap right now, I bought a netgear wireless router for $45 after an instant rebate.

the split usb cable is not an option as someone already said
X_MOSES_X

Apr 16, 2008, 1:01 PM
Why would you even want a network that is so small on broadband covaerage anyway. Sprint has a router that links one air card to 4 computers @ $250. Sprint has no competition. You are restricted on Virizons network to view certain websites and not be able to view others. Why is that??????. Plus you have to have a phone plan to be able to get a so called discounted price of $60 a month for the air card. Sprint has a larger network no restrictions. It is the fastest and the best. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!! Read up all you can on who the best is in providing coverage, speed, and relyability. Consumer Reports, JD powers, readers Digest, Look it up and you will se who the best carrier is for Broadband service.. Hands down Sprint!!!!!!!!!!!
snowbunny

Apr 16, 2008, 1:23 PM
Maybe you need to read up a little, Verizon does not restrict websites, you do not have to have a phone to get the 59.99/month, that not a "discounted" price, its just the price with or without a phone on the account with it, there is even a lower plan for only 39.99 if you wanted it, also Sprint can't even get a signal where I'm from, the closest Sprint tower is 250 miles away so it doesn't really do me a whole lot of good, I use VZW BBA everyday and never have any problems, I just wanted to know the easiest way to split it to multiple computers but thank you for your input about a service not available to me!
tick

Apr 17, 2008, 9:56 AM
snowbunny said:
Maybe you need to read up a little, Verizon does not restrict websites, you do not have to have a phone to get the 59.99/month, that not a "discounted" price, its just the price with or without a phone on the account with it, there is even a lower plan for only 39.99 if you wanted it, also Sprint can't even get a signal where I'm from, the closest Sprint tower is 250 miles away so it doesn't really do me a whole lot of good, I use VZW BBA everyday and never have any problems, I just wanted to know the easiest way to split it to multiple computers but thank you for your input about a service not available to me!

If you read X_MOSES_X's posts, most, if not all of his posts bash other carriers...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.