Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Pairing cross network phones (ie Verizon to ATT)

ReaperTut

Jan 26, 2008, 11:00 PM
I was able to pair my voyager to my friends iPhone, but it took forever... and about 15 or so searches for My phone to even spot the iPhone, and i couldn't even get the iPhone to find my phone. i was finally able to get them paired using a 6 digit pin code of all 0's. options to send were that of a name card, image or calender event. none of which could succesfully be sent. does anyone know if the iPhone's BT is extremely limited? or if the broadcast range is shortened? literally had to hit search and show on both phones simultaneously to even get the iPhone to show up on my phones search. could it be because the iPhone searches constantly while being visible? anyone know? also, i tried pairing my Jabra 3030 to the iPhone and i couldn't even...
(continues)
Armand Goldman

Jan 28, 2008, 3:49 PM
Even though BT technology is neutral as far as wireless platforms go, the compatibility of two different wireless network technologies as you mentioned is indeed a challenge.
ReaperTut

Jan 29, 2008, 6:45 PM
if BT is neutral don't you think so should the software on the phones be (when it comes to BT) as well? cause i know they could make the platforms different for each cellular company and still maintain neutrality when it comes to wireless headset devices.. and they can still and will limit the BT's per device (which i feel its BS, whats the point of haveing BT 2.0 if you can't use all its capable of?
beeferjay

Jan 28, 2008, 7:20 PM
answer the question, he was just trying to pull a beeferjay...

VZW super restricts their BT. They basically want you to pay for content instead of it being sent to you.

They will claim that everyone needs to be compensated for putting out great content, but they really want to nickle and dime everyone.

Sprint is another culprit. ATT is less restrictive. I have found that T-mobile is the least restrictive but are tightening their belt in line with the big guys.

Probably the best way to find out is to look up your phone, or the phones you intend on pairing and see if they support OBEX, which is the transfer stuff kind of BT.
techguy22

Jan 29, 2008, 6:11 PM
So can bluetooth be unlocked then or unrestricted?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.