Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Question about EVDO, Rich

Corpo Rat

Dec 31, 2004, 11:48 AM
Does anybody know if, when VZW releases the EVDO handsets in January, they will also spread EVDO service to more cities? I keep hearing 1 of 2 things:

1. When the new EVDO handsets come out, they will turn EVDO on network-wide, not just in the 33 trial markets. Heard this from a couple of network engineers, who will remain nameless for obvious reasons.

2. They will keep rolling it out in a few cities here & there, for what reason I don't know. Allegedly, the network equipment is ready in most markets. I know it is in SID 4160, New Orleans. Keep in mind that this station runs from the New Orleans area west through Baton Rouge and Lafayette, then down to the Gulf Coast through Morgan City & Houma. EVDO is active already in Metro New Orle...
(continues)
Rich Brome

Jan 3, 2005, 12:45 AM
I would be very surprised to see them roll it out truly network-wide so soon.

But adding a bunch more cities and exapanding coverage at the same they launch consumer services makes a lot of sense. In fact, I'd count on it. Upping the total to like 40-50 cities sounds about right to me, but that's just a guess.
Michael1963

Feb 22, 2005, 10:14 PM
Sorry, if this has been posted somewhere already, but here is a list of cities that have EVDO as of 2/1/2005:

Atlanta, GA
Austin, TX
Baltimore, MD
Boston, MA
Chicago, IL
Cincinnati, OH
Columbus, OH
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Dayton, OH
Hartford, CT
Houston, TX
Jacksonville, FL
Kansas City, MO
Las Vegas, NV
Los Angeles, CA
Madison, WI
Miami/Fort Lauderdale, FL
Milwaukee, WI
New Haven, CT
New Orleans, LA
New York, NY/Newark, NJ
Orlando, FL
Philadelphia, PA
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburgh, PA
Providence, RI
San Diego, CA
St. Petersburg/West Palm Beach, FL
Tampa, FL
Washington, DC

You can get a complete list and lots of other cool information at:

http://www.EVDO-Info.com »
Michael1963

Mar 8, 2005, 10:23 PM
Looks like Tallahasse, Florida just got coverage too. Latest info at:

http://www.EVDOinfo.com »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.