Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

HTC 8525 & WiFi. Do I need a data account

gmanoftx

Dec 28, 2007, 12:20 AM
So I bought a HTC 8525 & it is great. But one of the reasons I bought it was the WiFi connection. Well I have tried at home & at "WiFi hot spots" around town & sometimes it says I'm connected but then I try to access the internet & get nowhere. Is it something I'm doing or does AT&T have a lock on me requiring a data plan & some money. If this is the case does anyone know if there is anything I can do to "unlock" the WiFi feature. Ant time anyone puts in to this is greatly appreciated!
ReaperTut

Dec 28, 2007, 4:20 PM
check your connection settings and make sure your browser is tryin to access the internet through the WiFi and not through at&t's data.. ??
beeferjay

Jan 1, 2008, 8:18 AM
call 8003310500

then punch in your number and then hit 0, it will take you to another menu then press option 3 for cant make calls

This will connect you with ATT tech support. They will help you configure your phone if you cant read the user's manual.
lords demise

Jan 16, 2008, 5:21 PM
its very important to check the connections option. if your only using it for wifi connection be sure to delete the cingular connection to prevent you from ever accessing it. i used my phone for a month thinking it was connected to wifi when it wasnt. if it werent an employee phone my bill would have hit 500$

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.