Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Real-world data speeds in Orange County, CA?

greggmh123

Nov 6, 2007, 9:22 PM
Hello!

I have had a VZW laptop data card for three years. Due to low speeds (500/140), I am considering going to Sprint.

Does anyone have real-world speeds for Orange County, CA, that I can use to compare to my results?

Even with Rev. A, VZW is slow. In a Sprint store in Westminster, CA, they had a Mac that showed 2200/614, while my (30-day trial) of the new VZW Rev A U727 card was about 600/250...WAY below Sprint.

Their test computer was a Mac, and mine is XP Pro, but I don't see how that could make that much of a difference.

Gregg Hill
greggmh123

Nov 27, 2007, 9:46 PM
Anybody?
macuser09

Nov 29, 2007, 9:31 PM
I don't live out there but speeds are very tower dependent. Usage is mainly to blame but most of the time the Sprint data network is faster than the Verizon network. Sprint has pushed data for a very long time so this may be part of the reason for the difference you see. I have noticed the speed difference to with my friends having VZW and me having Sprint in the Chicago, Rockford and Colorado Springs areas.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.