Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Bluetooth /2007 Camry Problem

cmtecca

Sep 26, 2007, 2:53 PM
I have a Samsung A-920 cell phone and a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid with built in hands free bluetooth technology. My carrier is Sprint and I live in the San Francisco Bay area. I have a problem when I go through an area code change, like crossing the Bay Bridge or the Richmond/San Rafael Bridge, or when another car with bluetooth is near me. The Toyota gives off a ring signal, shows on the display Private Caller, then stops. One ring only. This can happen multiple times during a drive and it is quite jarring and disruptive. Sprint and Samsung deny there's a problem. Toyota says it is the phone and that their car won't do anything unless the phone is sending a signal to it.

Does anyone know what the problem is? How do I stop this v...
(continues)
nextel18

Sep 29, 2007, 2:50 PM
I don’t believe there is a way of stopping it just make sure all the settings are correct. Maybe there is a place where it says security and you can try. Bluetooth is a bit tough to stop from spreading due to its spectrum and anyone can get it that is if they have that device.

(Toyo is right)
Wireless Consultant

Oct 2, 2007, 2:04 PM
Some phones have a setting make visible to others, turn that off.
BluetoothBandit

Oct 24, 2007, 2:31 PM
This is definitely phone related- I would check all of your phone setup menus and submenus. Chances are you will find some alert indicator is set on (roaming, etc), and the phone is just mis-managing that with respect to the Bluetooth profile.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.