Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Video calling & GPS help

gm

May 31, 2007, 7:58 AM
Does any one know what type of phone and service is needed to video conference with a PC? Can I Video conference with a video capable phone through a wifi connection using VOIP (skype)? Is Video calling easy to set up?
Do all GPS enable phones have maps pre-loaded? If not where do you get them and how do you load them? Will your GPS enabled phone show your position at all times assuming it's on and you have the proper maps loaded on the phone?
rudyking

Aug 26, 2007, 1:52 AM
None that I have ever heard of. I heard AT&T has a video phone that can do streaming video but you need two of the same phones to use it.

As far as I know, most if not all of "GPS enabled" phones DO NOT have maps loaded on them. It might be possible if the phone has preinstalled software that can use the gps readings.
mrsancho07

Nov 24, 2007, 3:02 PM
some of the blackberrys have pre-loaded maps. and all the nokia phone will soon have them as well

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.