Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

bluetooth question

go.ta...

Aug 17, 2006, 12:19 AM
my question is regarding the Kyocera Strobe for Alltel and its capabilities..

In all of the phones information, it claims to support object push. Yet in every case of trying to use the feature, it doesnt work.. Ive tried having someone else send me things and me sending them. It doesnt work and the user guide explains nothing. Any help would be appreciated
peanutblue

Sep 7, 2006, 1:54 PM
This sounds like one of the many things that a phone is technically capable of doing but the service provider has locked the feature out. I know that my LG CU500 was advertised by LG and some third-party reviewers as supporting video conferencing, but since Cingular hasn't yet set up a video conferencing network, my phone will probably never do that, and the manual doesn't mention the feature.
Cellinovation

Sep 8, 2006, 6:04 PM
very few of the Alltel phones support any form of OBEX/exchange. with the exception of some of the higher end devices like the Razr OBEX has been locked out of the bluetooth profile. What you need is some software a data cable and quite a bit of time to UNLOCK the OBEX/ Exchange profile. ***WARNING*** this will void your phones warantee.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.