Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 8 replies

3g vs any at home serv

gonefishin

Apr 25, 2011, 12:39 AM
not new here its been a few years,, got a question for you guys.... i live in maine i work for a wireless carrier have access to multiple voice and data lines for a more the reasonable price. the problem is we only have EDGE, im looking at possibly going with verizon or uscellular they both have 3g data connections. im looking to have internet connection to the tv in the living room and bed room, along with a laptop or two at the same time. im looking at the motorola xoom. so basically looking for a tab with wifi to run a few devices. any ideas ??
keithfrombm

May 1, 2011, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't (couldn't!!) use any of these guys for home internet. The caps are lousy (5 gb in most if not all cases).
nextel18

May 1, 2011, 11:01 AM
yea netflix alone will eat up 5gig in a day 🙂
gonefishin

May 1, 2011, 1:30 PM
yeah thats what i found out, gunna end up with timewarner or comcast for internet and cable . at least now i can justify a moto xoom or dell streak
nextel18

May 1, 2011, 2:21 PM
yea its shameful that they are doing that; there will always be caps on everything 🙂 even AT&T is putting a cap on their landline service.
keithfrombm

May 1, 2011, 3:18 PM
Really? $#!++Â¥ DSL will have a cap, too?! F*** that! If all internet gets capped, it will have ceased it's usefulness. What kind of losers can Facebook all day? Moderate video usage will bust 2 or even 5 gb caps in under 2 weeks! Guess we'll have realized time travel as we all effectively go back to the frickin' 80's.
nextel18

May 1, 2011, 8:53 PM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/222039/atandts_uverse ... »

"Starting May 2, AT&T will limit DSL customers to 150 GB per month, and U-Verse fiber optics subscribers to 250 GB per month, according to DSL Reports. Overages, which cost $10 for each 50 GB, will only apply to customers who exceed their limits three times or more. If you're an AT&T home Internet subscriber, you should get a notice about the bandwidth caps by the end of this month."
keithfrombm

May 1, 2011, 9:12 PM
wow. so glad I don't use AT&T for home Internet. It's precisely this kind of anti-consumer mindset that makes me wanna vote Democrat. :-/
nextel18

May 1, 2011, 9:39 PM
i forsee other companies doing that though.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.