Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Basic phone - Verizon Tethering?

mitebbots

Jul 18, 2009, 5:52 AM
What would be the right phone to use for Verizon tethering? Is this what they refer to as "Mobile Broadband Capable?

I need to tether this summer.

Was looking at the LG VX-8360, it was not listed as "Mobile Broadband Capable".

Any other recommended phones? Need basic and small.

thx
w1ndex

Jul 18, 2009, 11:17 AM
You can tether the lg 8360. All you have to do is download the vzaccess manager to your computer at this link:
http://www.vzam.net/download/Download.aspx »

At that same link, you can click on "supported devices" on the left and it shows you the complete list of devices you can use.

Pricing recently changed, if you are on a Nationwide basic/select plan its $49.99 but if your on a Nationwide connect/premium plan, its only $30 a month.
mitebbots

Jul 18, 2009, 12:00 PM
I have Nationwide basic 1350. hard to believe. oh well, maybe time to change providers. thx
w1ndex

Jul 18, 2009, 12:20 PM
Wait.. whats hard to believe? I thought it was good news that you could use the device you liked.. 😕
mitebbots

Jul 18, 2009, 9:36 PM
just that the price of data went that high.
Menno

Jul 18, 2009, 12:46 PM
Using a data card is $60 a month. You are getting the same service for $50 a month since you already have a plan.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.