Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Bluetooth Car Kit

bobcat

Feb 9, 2005, 1:08 AM
It's weird that I can't find a good comparison/review of all the Bluetooth Car Kits available on the market. Can someone please suggest what is the best? When I say best, I'm thinking future compatibility (say the next 5-10 years), sound quality and overall ease of use?

Are the OEM Bluetooth Car Kits that come in all brand new cars available for sale? What do they use? I'll call the BMW dealer see what they have... but knowing BMW it'll be 5 million dollars...

Give me ideas please...

Thanks,

Boris

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong forum... let me know if it is and I'll post in another.
ralph_on_me

Feb 9, 2005, 12:01 PM
Well I must say that no bluetooth standard will last for 5-10 years. There's already a second development on bluetooth phones, but bluetooth itself may not be around for long. WIMAX is a big buzz word, and there are several different technologies being developed and tested for faster data transmission.

I should have the motorola bluetooth kit installed in my car by March, and I'll be sure to state my feelings on it, but I do not know a good place for side by side comparisons. Feel free to check epinions, they usually have good user feedback on various things.
Cellproguy

Feb 18, 2005, 12:16 PM
There is a handy explanation of the Bluetooth profiles to consider when choosing a Bluetooth car kit, at http://www.cellularaccessory.com/bluetoothhea dsets.html
Also, Parrot is the only current Bluetooth car kit maker that has multiple Bluetooth profiles built-in.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.