Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Nokia MediaNet issue on 2 phones, whats up????????

stevereyes1987

Jul 16, 2008, 8:04 AM
Hey all, I am using att and have use it for with a nokia n76 and an n95 and both phones will give me the error "web connection timed out" while im using the web browser. For example, google and type a search, then click the search button to get the error, I click it over and over about 3 or 4 times with the same error each time, then it will work. Anybody know why both phones have done that? I have had both phones automatically setup the medianet settings. Any clues????
tkboxer

Jul 17, 2008, 1:10 AM
I have the same issue. Sit on a page for more than a minute or two and your connection times out.
Stopped by my AT&T store and asked them about it but they had no answer as to why it does that.

My best guesses are:
It is a internal phone setting in the firmware with the most likely reason to conserve battery power.
Or, it is a network setting from AT&T that will release your connection if it does not see data transfer every few minutes. I'm guessing it would do that to control network access availability.

Steve, you should cross-post your question to the AT&T carrier forum. Maybe some of the knowledgeable AT&T folks there would have the answer.
stevereyes1987

Jul 18, 2008, 8:11 AM
How do I cross-post it? The problem is not that bad but it just bugs.
tkboxer

Jul 18, 2008, 11:20 PM
I would just copy and paste your original post in the AT&T forum and see if you get any informative replies.

It really bugs me that you have to double click everything and that you can't even read a one page article without it timing out.

I really think its a MediaNet issue and they either can't or won't do anything about it.
Certainly puts a damper on your mobile internet experience.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.