Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Using phone as modem...with a mac

zjc2a

Jan 14, 2005, 4:51 PM
Can it be done?? Anyone Done it??? I can't seem to get it right. I got a cheap data cable off e-bay and it does not work. I have a nokia 7250i and a G4 laptop. Help, I really want this to work and I can't figure why it does, I plug it into the usb port and it doesn't recognize the connection. help, Please. I have no clue about this so if you can help please be detailed. Thank you

-Z
Corpo Rat

Jan 15, 2005, 2:31 PM
zjc2a said:
Can it be done?? Anyone Done it??? I can't seem to get it right. I got a cheap data cable off e-bay and it does not work. I have a nokia 7250i and a G4 laptop. Help, I really want this to work and I can't figure why it does, I plug it into the usb port and it doesn't recognize the connection. help, Please. I have no clue about this so if you can help please be detailed. Thank you

-Z

There _is_ a way to do it, but I do not know exactly what you need. I think it may have been discussed on one of the forums here about 6 months ago, but I don't really remember. I'm pretty sure there's a couple of threads regarding what you need on Howard Forums.
benrl

Jan 17, 2005, 8:50 PM
u can do it with a blue tooth phone I use my V551 to connect with it using the dialing string of *99# to connect
zjc2a

Jan 22, 2005, 3:00 PM
I appreciate the help but I do not have a bluetooth enabled phone.

-Z
ralph_on_me

Jan 22, 2005, 4:33 PM
check the isync section of apple.com for supported phones. The list will tell you exactly what is needed for each supported phone. If you have that, the phone should be plug and play. I used the motorola brand cable on a v400 and a v600 with my G4 powermac. I'll check my specs tonight when I'm at my home computer.
akaszuba

Jan 23, 2005, 6:34 AM
zjc2a said:
I appreciate the help but I do not have a bluetooth enabled phone.

-Z

I am about 99% sure that you cannot use your phone as a modem on a Mac using a data cable. The only was I know of is using Bluetooth.

Are you sure that your phone is capable of being used as a modem?

Even if it is, I really don't think that it's going to work on a Mac via data cable.

What kind of phone is it anyways? 😳
zjc2a

Jan 23, 2005, 6:41 PM
I have a nokia 6340i, it will work if I tried with a data cable but it would be slow as balls. My other phone I swap out with is a nokia 7250i. I do believe there is a way to do this. I would get a new phone like the 6230 but they are not offered in TN for some reason and have heard the horror stories of online and tele-sales.
Thanks
-Z
HeroPsychoDreamer

Jan 23, 2005, 6:42 PM
It's not good to believe all of them. I ordered my Sony Ericsson T637 and I had not a single problem. It arrived in 2 or 3 days as promised 😁
zjc2a

Jan 23, 2005, 6:55 PM
By the way my isync canntot find anything, I am thinking I have a bum data cable. Is there any way to test the cable? How likely is this?
-Z

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.