Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Faster tethering options....

smerdyakov

Mar 2, 2008, 3:29 AM
Currently, I'm tethering a LG VX8300 to my laptop to transmit 800k to 2MB images on Verizon. However, that last two times I used it, transfer times were exceedingly slow to non-existent in spite of good coverage. Would i have significantly better transfer speeds with a PDA and data package tethered to my laptop or should I break down and get an air card to get more reliable faster transfer speeds. I was hoping to pick up a PDA for easier access to email and map, thus killing two birds with one stone, so to speak, but will it make a difference. Would it make a difference with a different carrier. I live in the Puget Sound area, so perhaps another carrier might have better data transfers speeds from a PDA. Any help is greatly appreciated.
rmtp22

Mar 14, 2008, 10:57 PM
No way you are averaging 800-2mb down. PDA would be faster by just a few kb average. Yes AirCard would be more reliable and much easier to use. Do know what carriers are in your area, so can't help you with your carrier "?". But can tell you that VZW is very proud of it's data and charges more.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.