Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Need help bluetoothing with my Samsung M510

downphoenix

Nov 23, 2007, 4:40 PM
Hi, first time poster, though I frequent the site.

Anyway, I just got a Samsung M510, and my carrier is Sprint. I have some photos on my MicroSD card that I snapped with the phone that I would like to bluetooth to my computer, but I am having difficulties accomplishing this. I have a USB Bluetooth adapter for my PC, and both devices can sync together, but when I try to send files to or from the PC, it doesn't work. When I try to send from my phone, it says "connection failed" and when I tried to send to my phone, it says "vcards are received" but the file doesn't actually transfer. I have checked the Bluetooth settings and both devices are set to discover and see each other, and I also have specified on the phone to receive files to the m...
(continues)
NaCH

Dec 5, 2007, 12:54 PM
I dont think the m series supports that. I tried it on an m300 yesterday with the same problem.
ReaperTut

Dec 5, 2007, 6:34 PM
fyi, check your manual. i don't think that you can bluetooth pictures between bluetooth devices on those series phones. pictures and sounds are most likely able to transfer with a bluetooth 2.0 kit. but contacts and things like that usually transfer ok. check the manual on your bluetooth dongle for you computer, that may not be able to support that type of transfer, the phone is bluetooth 1.2 your dongle may be 1.0 ...

-Reaper Tut
-Sprint Rep
downphoenix

Dec 5, 2007, 9:06 PM
hmm, interesting.

I got my dongle to work after I re-installed the bluetooth software and I was able to send pictures from my phone to my PC, but was unable to send to my phone.
ReaperTut

Dec 6, 2007, 3:30 PM
strange, if your phone can send, it should have the ability to receive. maybe try checking your phone's software and see if there is an update for it, this can be done at any of your local service and repair shops for sprint. that would be my last guess for now.

- Reaper Tut
downphoenix

Dec 9, 2007, 12:25 PM
well for whatever reason, I was actually able to send AND receive on both my PC and another cell phone 😲 so I guess its fixed, whatever it was.
ReaperTut

Dec 12, 2007, 1:22 PM
so just a software glitch. not a suprise. i lost complete use of my motorola H55, use to work great on my lg vx9800 and even my lg vx9900. but no so much on my replaced lg vx9900 or my lg vx10000. hmm. ohwell. i'll treat it like canned foods. and radar detectors. whether you want to believe it or not, it does have a shelf life. 🙂 but thats awesome to hear about your m510, so now i can say definitively that it does support image transfers via bluetooth. with proof ;) its hard sometimes when your training tells you it does then you get a customer saying they can't get it to work, but little do they understand there are many variables at work.

-Reaper Tut
beeferjay

Dec 18, 2007, 8:03 AM
you must have VZW or sprint

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.