Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 6 replies

PC cards + Windows Vista

KioskLife

Nov 1, 2007, 12:06 PM
Does anyone have the procedure to set up a PC card (Novatel or Sierra) on a laptop running on Vista?

you can always post it here or email it to me.

frissons_3@hotmail.com

Thanks!.
protekt0r

Nov 12, 2007, 4:26 PM
Yes, I've got the 875U and 881U on my Vista laptop. Both cards also work very well with XP and OSX. IMO, the USB versions of the sierra cards are the bomb. Screw Express and PCMCIA.

The other confirmed card that I KNOW works well with Vista is the Sierra 875 PCMCIA. I've had very little success with Express Cards and Vista thus far.

In a nutshell I recommend Sierra above all other aircard manufacturers. I do NOT recommend OPTION with Vista.
Jayshmay

Jan 11, 2008, 5:28 PM
So why are USB cards so, so much better than Express, and the other one? I'm curious.
vonzippy04

Jan 15, 2008, 5:46 PM
im not sure why he said they are better? but i think they are better only beacause they are updated with the software built into the aircard! so you just plug it in and your already setting it up. plus the antenna strength seems to be better? im not sure if that's actually true but in my experience they do work a lot better
Jayshmay

Feb 26, 2008, 3:11 PM
What is so much better about USB aircards? These are ATT aircards your speaking of right? And if they are ATT aircards would you do me a favor and do a bandwidth test and let me know your results, both best speed, and average speed.

I have an unlocked Nokia N95-3 and the best speed result I ever got is 1.5mbps, definetly not average though, just the best speed so far. I live in Las Vegas, Nv.
Marcus Fenix

Jan 11, 2008, 5:05 PM
If you have Sprint service, go to www.sprint.com/downloads to get the most current version of the Sprint Connection Manager/SCM for your particular wireless modem.
BigShowJB

Jan 13, 2008, 3:43 PM
right marcus, but he needs to make sure he has a wireline connection (DSL or CAble) first. then go to whichever provider's support/download webiste to get those XP drivers.

after that, install the software BEFORE plug the card in

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.