Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

No I will not do that for free...

metroagent

Jan 22, 2007, 5:17 PM
I used to do esn changes and other random services for people for free, but no more. Corporate stores won't do it for free so why should I? I'm gonna start charging half of what the stores charge and will accept cash only, payable to my pocket. Take it or leave it.
sparxx92562

Jan 22, 2007, 5:19 PM
Dude Thats how i was then my new DM came in and said where gonna do it. I see your on your hustle.lol
metroagent

Jan 22, 2007, 5:22 PM
F that noise. I've done it with my DM in the store and he didn't say anything. He's been on the sales side of things before so he knows how it goes. I'm done wasting my time for nothing. Money talks, non-paying customers walk.
krickt

Jan 22, 2007, 6:25 PM
We charge for phone book transfers, programing voice mail and repairs. Unless you bought the phone from me, then everything comes with the phone. It's amazing how many people won't pay a dime and leave you alone.
yodhan

Jan 22, 2007, 6:42 PM
We have to do them for any customer who walks in and if I even tried mentioning that I was going to charge for any services like that, my manager would fire my butt faster than I could think. I really don't mind doing it, as long as the customer is at least civilized. If they come in swearing, I give them some bull excuse that gets them out of the store.
WTF

Jan 22, 2007, 8:32 PM
welcome to side hustle 101
sparxx92562

Jan 22, 2007, 8:36 PM
any more ways to hustle?
junglemassive

Jan 22, 2007, 8:39 PM
👀 When I worked at the Mobile Solution and someone wanted a car charger or case or something I would charge them $10-$20 and if they paid in cash it went into my "pocket register". Then I would mark it out like it had been given away free with an activation. Easy $50-$100 a day! 😁
sparxx92562

Jan 22, 2007, 8:43 PM
Won't they ask for a reciept they always do.
junglemassive

Jan 22, 2007, 8:43 PM
We used manual reciepts.
sparxx92562

Jan 22, 2007, 8:50 PM
😛 i see interesting very..
sweetsoprano

Jan 23, 2007, 12:46 PM
junglemassive said:
👀 When I worked at the Mobile Solution and someone wanted a car charger or case or something I would charge them $10-$20 and if they paid in cash it went into my "pocket register". Then I would mark it out like it had been given away free with an activation. Easy $50-$100 a day! 😁

You do realize that that was fraud and what goes around comes around, right?
Enamored777

Jan 22, 2007, 9:23 PM
The first employee who helped train me at Cingular was truly a unique hustler. Check this, if a younger looking customer came in for new service (emphasis on "younger" meaning the steriotype for no established credit) he would run their credit application, and even if their credit was good, he would look at the computer screen with a concerned face and tell them that there was a $500 dollar deposit. After that he'd tell the customer how much he appreciates the time they took to come into the store and that he is going to make a few phone calls to see what he can do about waving the deposit. So he "fake dials" a number, pretends to be talking to our boss for a few minutes and hangs up. After that he turns to the customer and says "I ...
(continues)
metroagent

Jan 23, 2007, 12:29 PM
That is some hustlin'!! I've only used that to close the sale on how ever many lines they were looking to get that day "if you activate today on such and such a plan with this data package, i'll waive the 125 deposit" kinda deal. I have also seen some way more dishonest practices. like when a customer comes in with their own phone to activate a line of service, the sales rep rings them out in the p.o.s. system as if they were getting one of our free phones, and then sells the free phone to someone without insurance or looking to buy a phone outright. Money in the bank...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.