Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 27 replies

Good morning, I am bored

Mobile-El

Aug 23, 2004, 9:59 AM
Just checking in. I have nothing to rant about, but I think I getting hooked at chatting here. It is nice to talk to shop with others in the industry outside my market. I see the same Carrier and Vendor reps, there is nothing new going on right now. Listening to a "GSM America" commercial on the radio, our best network ever, yada yada. How many bars to youhave have? Right now I'd rather be in one.
Later, my phone friends
BowWowWow

Aug 23, 2004, 10:25 AM
I feel your pain. I just stopped in to visit a friend of mine who runs a Sprint/TMobile/AT&T dealership, and he had this white-trash tattooed girl in there, about 18 or so, and she had two dirty screaming children running around, pulling things off of shelves & beating the **** out of each other. A better argument for birth control I can't think of. She must have had halfway decent credit because she bought an AT&T phone, then threatened to kill her kids if they didn't behave. Niiiiice.
Mobile-El

Aug 23, 2004, 10:31 AM
You got to love the WT customers. My favorite is when someone has a deposit required, thye often freak out, or start telling you the whole story. I dont care, either give me the credit card, go hit the ATM, or buy Go_Phone. I dont need to hear about "the baby's father" Its not my husband or my boyfriend, that cracks me up. I love the ones who come and want to get the phone "cut on". That phone has a little too much heat for us to handle. Or they are pissed off because another Dealer rippedthen off or put them on the wrong plan, and they want me to fix it, which we do. So much drama out there you go to love it. Just buy a phone, bitter nope, you got to be in it to win it. But I still buy my lottery ticket every Tuesday and Friday. ...
(continues)
BowWowWow

Aug 23, 2004, 10:52 AM
I used to work for Radio Smack, and the store I worked at was in the ghetto - lots of Spreenk customers coming in, "Why they cut my fone off, foo?" when they hit the $125 ASL. Lots of "I need a Sprints fome" and "I ain't got no credic". Then again, when the camera phones came out, they were the first people in to buy them at retail cost. Refused to get the Vision service, but they all wanted the bling phones. They really liked the 8100 navy blue/gold phone.
Mobile-El

Aug 23, 2004, 11:05 AM
Dont get me started on the bling sales. what colors does it come in. Let me see da case for dat. You gots to have credit, right. Not the 1st few things you want to hear during the sales process. Remember the Star-tac. People use to kill the name on that one.
Star-trek was my favorite. Never sold Sprint, but I hear it is ghetto fabulous.

buck twenty five and a pulse, right?
BowWowWow

Aug 23, 2004, 11:40 AM
Pretty much. It used to not even take $125. They'd hand any clown a $200 phone & slap a $125 ASL on the account. It nearly bankrupted them. Now they're a little more sensible about it, $125/$250 deposits. "I think I have bad credic, lemme see if I can get a phome" was what always set my teeth on edge.
Mobile-El

Aug 23, 2004, 12:18 PM
That always cracks me up. In one of my other stores we sell mulitiple carriers so we will often run credit for more than one, of course with consent, and give them the best one. It is like a car dealership, trying to get people financing on a phone.
BowWowWow

Aug 23, 2004, 12:27 PM
I always thought that Verizon's $1000 deposit was their way of telling you "We don't want you as a customer, deadbeat."

Then there's the folks who got turned over for non-payment by Sprint, and try to get another phone with a different carrier - even if they have excellent credit otherwise, most carriers tell 'em no...
cellphone gurl

Aug 23, 2004, 8:23 PM
I'm WHITE and I have a kid. does that make me white trash too?
SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 9:52 PM
hey, i'm a single black male with no children a job and no criminal record does that me a endangered species
cellphone gurl

Aug 23, 2004, 10:06 PM
not very common....anyway glad you said that because by your name i thought you were a girl. anyone I have ever known named sammy was a girl lots of guys are names sam though. besides it could be a fake name like mine
SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 10:10 PM
the name sammy jankis comes from the movie 'memento' i liked that character and thats my username for everything so if you're on the net and see the name sammyjankis or sammijankis its me. my real name is juwan at work we use fake names (lol) so my customer's know me as tyler durden from 'fight club' lol. no i don't have split personalities i'm just a big movie buff.

i'm here at work on my last hour, 0 calls so far, so i get a free hour + time and a half. sweet.
BowWowWow

Aug 24, 2004, 1:02 PM
Erm... no. Not necessarily. Did you have 2 kids before the age of 18? Do you live in a ratty trailer? Do you drive a 1980s vintage Camaro or Trans Am? Do you have a Dale Earnhart tattoo anywhere on your body? Do you think Kid Rock is intelligent?
cellphone gurl

Aug 24, 2004, 7:35 PM
no but I did have one right before I turned 18. No I don't live in a trailer but how do you know she did. I don't drive, never even gone for my learners. no tatoos and no to kid rock
BowWowWow

Aug 24, 2004, 9:26 PM
I recognized her address. Believe me, this girl was skanky. I felt sorry for the kids, they don't have a great shot at life with role models like her.
cellphone gurl

Aug 24, 2004, 10:11 PM
I know what you are saying. I know a couple people like that. feel sorry for the kids really.
wor

Aug 23, 2004, 10:49 AM
I tell you guys, I can write a whole book about my store. These people drive me crazy. I ran a credit check few weeks ago for this guy and it came back with a $199 deposit. So....."Sir, you will have to pay $199 before we can start your service." He said "what are you taking about, I have three cars, two houses and a boat and you telling me I don't have good credit". I don't care about what you have, I just need the deposit. By the way, I don't tell him this.
sunvzw

Aug 23, 2004, 8:48 PM
this is so true...people get depos..and they tell you about everything they have...i have 2 houses, 3 cars, and a boat...its called debt..pay some **** off...
SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 1:10 PM
well i was bored until i just now got cussed out by "some crazy irate italian woman" because i better take my "fu*king finger and type her number in the fu*king computer and push a button and push another button and fix my fu*king account and clear my name because its your fu*king job you work for those as*holes i don't. so you better f*ucking fix it. fu*king do what you gotta do.
BowWowWow

Aug 23, 2004, 1:27 PM
I love how ignorant people think you can just 'push a button' and fix things. Still, you better do it or she'll put a contract out on your ass, lol.

Usually, when people call me, the first bit of foul language is my signal to hang up. I don't need to put up with that. If I wanted to get cussed out, I'd call an ex-girlfriend.
tequilasundae

Aug 23, 2004, 2:16 PM
you are so right,.,we do not get paid enough to take the verbal abuse some of these people think they can dish out..especially when 98% of the time they are in the wrong..I myself have hung up on people who call up cussing...and have had to shout down people that are wrong...98% of the time i don't have too but occasionally there are some.,,, 👿
SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 2:24 PM
it doesn't bother me anymore i just brush the dirt off my shoulder and move on. but i'm a little pissy today because it seems like everybody thats calling in has a problem with something and wants a damn credit or i have to fix something that another rep did or didn't do. i hate doing that!!!
cellphone gurl

Aug 23, 2004, 8:29 PM
I just read them their terms and conditions or say "I know you're mad at AT&T and not me" then they kiss my ass and i sit with my phone on mute and laugh.

some customers just getting going...one day I unpluged my computer with my foot and all the customers info went off my screen. instead of rebooting my computer and logging into everything again and pulling up her account again i just muted my phone and used borrowed another reps computer. everytime the customer paused i tried to get a word in and she kept going so i stop what i was saying. she must have rammbled on for 5 minutes before i realized my phone was on mute the whole time. I couldn't believe she wasn't wondering why I wasn't saying anything or if i was still there. it was so f...
(continues)
Acedith

Oct 21, 2004, 11:36 AM
I've never hung up on a customer before for cussing, but then again, no one has ever crossed my standards....

My standard is this:

If you say a cuss word that I have never said, I'll drop you.

If you say a cuss word that I refuse to say, I'll drop you.

If you say anything defaming my mothers character, I will laugh, and THEN drop you...

but thats only after a couple warnings.
😛
cellphone gurl

Aug 23, 2004, 8:21 PM
were not allowed to hang up on people even if we get a pervert
SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 9:20 PM
thats what i miss about cingular, you can hang up on customers. you couldn't do it just for the hell of it but like if they cursed or got offensive you could scold them and warn them or if they did it again you could hang up. and then there's the rule of 3, if you tell them 3 times you can't or will not do something like give them a free phone, or credit something, etc. then you automatically hang up. it was so funny to say, "sir/ma'am since you insist on continuing to be beligerent i will be disconnected this call now" -click-
cellphone gurl

Aug 23, 2004, 10:03 PM
I wish we could do that. but then we'd be hanging up on most of our customers. I had a guy once that said I sounded like a robot. he wanted credit I wouldn't give it to him and he was mad. he kept asking the same questions and i kept giving him the same answer it went on for over an hour. i had sepervisors tell me to say thenks for calling AT&T wireless and mute the phone and wait for him to hang up. he never did. finally he asked me who the president was and didn't want to tell him i had to put him on hold to check so i said i was putting him on hold until he calmed down. he dropped the call. thank god
SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 10:07 PM
sometimes when i answer the line i mimic the generic male computer voice because i can copy it perfectly and i talk like that the whole call. it really freaks customer's out.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.