Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Insurance!!!

SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 2:34 PM
please all reps advise your customers to subscribe to wireless insurance. i am so tired of getting calls where the customer says 'my phone is broken what can you do to get me a new one' and i don't see insurance on the account and i have to argue with them about company policy regarding phone replacements. i'm not blaming you guys though forreal i'm sure all you offer it, its just that the customers refuse it. and those are the same ones that call like a few months later saying the phone is lost, stolen, or broken, and get irate because we can't give them a new one. thats what insurance is for!!!
tequilasundae

Aug 23, 2004, 2:39 PM
this is a good one...Signal insurannce requires a Proof of Loss form if they think your story is BS...I had a guy come in with a form filled out for us to fax, and i took one look at it and had to keep from laughing...under event he put..
"I WENT TO THE CLUB AND SOMEONE STOLEN MY CELLUAR(sic) PHONE".... 🤣 he also failed to put down his model and esn...and we are STILL waiting for his confirmation of the address of "the club"....
SammyJankis

Aug 23, 2004, 3:06 PM
now thats funny... "i went to the club" i woulda laugh my as* off.
noke

Nov 11, 2004, 1:41 AM
I'm a claims rep for Signal, I'm not kidding when I tell you this, I must get 2-3 calls a day saying the phone was stolen from a club/bar. And we do enforce the Proof of Loss form a lot. We must receive over a 1000 faxes a day from customers who lost their phones.
tequilasundae

Nov 12, 2004, 10:36 AM
Hi there...i am an agent who will gladly help people fill out the POL forms..1000 a day?? yike...does every loss case now have to do the POL?? and do you have any good stories..???...my favorite POL involves someone who lost their phone, and in section 3 put "i went to the club and someone stolen my celluar (sic) phone" 😳 😳 😳
sammy2

Aug 23, 2004, 5:15 PM
Is anyone familiar with 3rd party insurance for cell phones that might be more comprhensive in coverage or less expensive than the carrier marketed coverage?
verizonsales

Aug 26, 2004, 10:32 PM
TRUST ME! I always STRONGLY suggest the customer gets insurance on their account. I probably sell insurance to 60% of my customers. The other 40% say they will never lose their phone or that they would never damage a phone.

Then I would get calls like the one I had tonight where a lady called in upset and demanded a free phone replacement after dropping her phone and running it over with her lawnmower!

*sigh*
adlman

Aug 27, 2004, 9:31 AM
We always strongly suggest the handset insurance as well, however customers find a way of justifying NOT TAKING IT. "Well if I have to pay the monthly fee and then a deductable on top of that I am better to just buy a phone on ebay". We now get commission on selling the insurance so there is greater incentive to promote it but it still is not always an easy sell. Almost as difficult as VOICE-Services....
BowWowWow

Aug 27, 2004, 10:31 AM
verizonsales said:
Then I would get calls like the one I had tonight where a lady called in upset and demanded a free phone replacement after dropping her phone and running it over with her lawnmower!

*sigh*

Oh, that's awesome! What the hell was she doing mowing the lawn & yakking on the phone at the same time? Must have been a pleasant conversation.

"I'm a moron, gimme a free phone!" Jesus, I hate the public. They suck.
SammyJankis

Aug 27, 2004, 2:05 PM
the insurance issue makes me so mad because it's the ones who don't accept the insurance are the ones who break or lose the phones.
sammy2

Aug 27, 2004, 2:57 PM
My wife always looses her phone so I have threatened to implant one. Maybe the next version of the V710 will enable this feature.
GWFOX

Aug 27, 2004, 5:05 PM
You need one of those little "car finder" thingies on your cell phone.

Type in your phone number and id code on your PC and the phone would send you a location signal like lo-jack.

Now that would rule. Too bad it doesn't exist.
sammy2

Aug 27, 2004, 5:32 PM
I keep an extra phone for my wife for those "special times" and usually within two weeks she finds it again.

ACtually suppossedly some phones have the ability to identify on itrs screen its GPS position. It would not be to diffiuclt to extend it so the signal could be transmitted. As a parent I ceratnly would appreciat that for my child when he is old enough to deal with the phone. He is only 16 months so by then they probably will have as a standard feature.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.