Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

My mother is the little old lady

sammy2

Aug 3, 2004, 1:04 PM
My brother provided a T-Mobile phone service for my parents reently. My mother and father are 86 years old and never had a cell phone. They live in Florida and their sons live in other states.

T-mobile owes me a big thank you for not having to deal with my mother! Hours upon hours of trying to explain to her how the phone works (I have never even seen the phone but looked up the manual.

A recent funny story is that she thought she could not call my brother on his cell phone from her land line (her cell phone needed charging). My mother often confuses the reception strength indicator and the battery indicator and navigating the menu is always a challenge.

Funny stories abound with new technologies and my mother including fax m...
(continues)
mobile_guru

Aug 3, 2004, 2:15 PM
sammy2 said:

fax machines. "How did you receive the document if I still have it here?" 🤣

now this is really funny.
javier2100

Aug 14, 2004, 1:16 AM
So should i feel dumb because i don't know...or is it okay
sammy2

Aug 14, 2004, 9:51 AM
Intelligence has nothing to do with this. I found it humorous because it brought me back to the reality that if you have never been exposed to a technology you of course would have no idea how it would work. In addition the view that you place a document into a machine and watch it enter and exist and learn that somehow it showed up in another state is a logical response.

I have a 15 month old son who is seeing everything for the first time and I have no expectations of his prior knowledge. How quickly we forget that not every adult had been exposed to everything that we might have been.

I often wonder how my son perceives the voice of his mother over the cell phone compared to a face to face experience. I know he recognizes the voi...
(continues)
Jrockemsockem

Jan 3, 2009, 2:44 PM
Not Shop Talk.
OfAMightDivine

Jan 3, 2009, 2:47 PM
Man, I'm glad that after 2 years, you were finally able to clean that up.

Thanks!
OfAMightDivine

Jan 3, 2009, 2:48 PM
3 1/2 years.

The person you replied to hasn't posted in 2 years.
cookiesandcreme69

Jan 3, 2009, 4:14 PM
It's been 4 and a half now!
Jrockemsockem

Jan 3, 2009, 6:19 PM
Hey somebodys got to do it. Just another 4 years of threads to go through. 😛
Seribus

Jan 3, 2009, 2:48 PM
THEN WHY DID YOU BRING THIS BACK UP FROM 2004!!!!
xIsamuTM

Jan 3, 2009, 2:49 PM
god bless the necroposters...
Ellie004

Jan 3, 2009, 3:43 PM
🤣 Awww that is so cute

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.