Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Holy crap how do they manage to breathe?

Hayate

Oct 27, 2006, 3:39 PM
Wow, best dumbass customer ever. Twice. No, make that three times. So this guy comes up and my co-worker helps him, does the credit check (no deposit) and then explains the rate plans. The guy says he wants to think about it and he'll come back.

He comes back while my co-worker is helping someone else, so I help him out. I pull everything up, offer him a $30 discount on a Pantech c300(almost a 50% discount), and go over the rate plans with him. He asks for the 900 minute plan with Media Works, coming up to $75. I go through everything with him, get to the feature selection page, and explain the extended nights option ($8.99 for nights being 7pm-7am). I clearly said how much it costs and he said he wanted it.

I get everything pr...
(continues)
thisguyosu

Oct 27, 2006, 3:45 PM
people only hear what they want to hear, its incredibly pathetic.
biznass

Oct 27, 2006, 7:23 PM
Wow your policies are really, really crappy!
$25 for changing your mind? Even if the guy is a dumbass, that's really horrible customer service.
Hayate

Oct 27, 2006, 7:49 PM
You don't understand. That guy was a huge douche. If someone came back after a couple weeks, it's generally just a 10-15% restocking fee. That's reasonable because we can't resell the phones at that point and we wasted all of the time on the paperwork and everything.

This guy was being a huge douche the entire time and was being unreasonable and rude. When he had a problem with the $8.99 on the bill we offered to remove it immediately so he wouldn't have to pay for it. Instead he accused us of being deceptive and lying to him. It was BECAUSE of his behavior that we opted for the $25 restocking fee (which is what our posted refund policy sign says) rather than our usual 10-15%, which would've been far less than that.
Big Poppa

Oct 27, 2006, 9:29 PM
Good Job man! I totally agree with you! This dude was so obviously pulling some kind of scam.

Some of these people on here that actually work for the corporate side of these cell phone service companies do not understand or even KNOW that retailers can not resell a phone thats already been activated, even if it is returned the same day. (Well you can, but it is a LOT of red tape to jump through to get the commission from the companies).

And just for those who don't know. Most indirects charge $200 or more for cancelling service within 6 months. Most carriers will charge back the commission they paid out if a customer cancells. The carriers actually pay the indirects a commission of anywhere from $200 or more per activation.
Hayate

Oct 27, 2006, 9:37 PM
We have the $200 six month thing here. If they cancel in six months, Cingular takes our money back, and our company takes our commission back. The $200 is a way to keep some of our money and maintain some of our commission. Plus, there is no excuse whatsoever to keep the phone longer than 30 days and still cancel within the six months.

The problem we run into here is that 40% of our customers actually never pay their bill which gets us a chargeback about four months after selling the phone. This is our way of saying thanks for trying to screw us, but have fun with this $200 charge on your credit card to make up for it.

And I don't know about a scam, but this guy was just stupid and expected us to pay the price for that. We're not ...
(continues)
aavera

Oct 27, 2006, 9:50 PM
I'm with you there! I wish we could charge some sort of re-stocking fee for returns...Some of them I can understand, but we have a lot of idiots that return things because they don't listen to what we are telling them when they sign up for service.
biznass

Oct 28, 2006, 9:32 AM
I didn't realize how lucky I was that my activations only have to have the phone 14 days for me to not get a chargeback. It used to be 6 months when we were an affiliate, but I wasn't a sales rep then.
Hayate

Oct 28, 2006, 12:28 PM
I would kill for that kind of timeframe. Seriously, 40% of our customers each month just never pay their bill and get charged back after 2-3 months. It's irritating as hell and makes you not want to sell to certain people (of the five months I've been here exactly one of the people that didn't pay their bill did NOT live on the reservation).
AG050

Oct 28, 2006, 12:55 PM
Who do you work for 🤨
Hayate

Oct 28, 2006, 1:23 PM
I work for a Cingular indirect called Airview.
AG050

Oct 28, 2006, 3:15 PM
aaawww... I was thinking it was the same indirect as me. LOL

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.