Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

ATTWS in the home stretch

Mobile-El

Aug 11, 2004, 7:20 PM
Ok, just a little ranting and raving about the final days of ATTWS. I a partner/mananger of an ATTWS exclusive store in the NYC/NJ market. Just a few observations as of late. The level of rep in the Dealer Services Dept is going way down hill. They are using temps, and must be doing crash course training.
They have shortened the window for upgrade criteria, in effect this means less people are eligbile for discounted handsets on renewal replacements, the criteria was out of contract or expiring in '04, now it is out of contract or expiring within 3 months. I guess the thought is let Cingular deal with it, when all is settled on that front. We now the best network we have evered had, and the best handset selection and they kill ma...
(continues)
javier2100

Aug 14, 2004, 12:10 PM
If i get one more email telling me to get more pcrs, proactive contract renewals, when they know everyone of teh customers that calls me has a contract that ends in 2006. Then when i get someone they can't have a discount on handsets because they upgraded 5 months ago and cup is the devil so i have to offer them minutes wich is fine except that if i offer more than 300 anytime Im stacking, adding to many promotions and jeopardysing*sp at&t's revenue, only so many peolple can have 1000 minute plans for 39.99, but other than nothing is really changed
cellphone gurl

Aug 18, 2004, 8:32 PM
I work in one of the canadian call centers. we actually had a meeting with the director of our call center and we had to promise that we will offer a contract on every call before we were allowed to leave the meeting. i have had worse jobs but the turnover rate in my center is very high. when I fist started 14 months ago they were so worried about quality and ACW and AHT. now all they care about is PCR's and attendance. I actually had a one on one with my team leader and he gave me the option of trying to improve my AHT and ACW. I'm okay with everything else so he doesn't care about my stats. I so far got an alarm clock with edge points and once they update august points to my total I will have enought for a wagon for my son. They are so wor...
(continues)
tater94

Aug 18, 2004, 9:08 PM
Curious, If you can say is your Call Center contracted out and who are they??

Anyone work for Convergys????
cellphone gurl

Aug 18, 2004, 9:31 PM
you said it. I work for convergys. RD site
tater94

Aug 18, 2004, 9:43 PM
I ran a non wireless site in Denver before I moved back to my hometown. It started as a company called Teletech and was bought out by Convergys, they turned everything upside down....
SammyJankis

Aug 18, 2004, 9:48 PM
ever hear of sitel?
tater94

Aug 18, 2004, 9:49 PM
No is it another contract Cust Serv. provider???
SammyJankis

Aug 18, 2004, 9:51 PM
yea they handle a lot of accounts the one i work for handles verizon.
phonepimp3376

Aug 19, 2004, 12:30 PM
If they told you that about contracts raising Cingular's price they pay, they lied to you and badly. The price is already set. 41 billion.
cellphone gurl

Aug 19, 2004, 5:13 PM
it was actually what another rep thought. it was there opinions on why there was such a PCR push. no one important actually told me that
phonepimp3376

Aug 19, 2004, 5:42 PM
Oh, okay. For what we can share about the buyout without jeopardizing the deal, check out http://www.newcingular.com.

The basics are this: Cingular will take over all ATTWS customers, retail locations, etc. Since no changes will take place to ATTWS customer contracts, we will continue to honor existing contracts for ATTWS customers.
cellphone gurl

Aug 19, 2004, 9:49 PM
I found that website the other day. Is the name going to actually be "the new cingular?" and idea
phonepimp3376

Aug 20, 2004, 10:11 AM
Nope...it will remain Cingular
Mobile-El

Aug 20, 2004, 12:11 PM
the new cingular is a temporary marketing campaign during the takeover.
Check out newcingular.com
Vosberg1

Dec 4, 2010, 3:37 PM
Oh! I wish that ATTWS was still around!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.