Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Do you work here?

peanutblue

Sep 19, 2006, 5:30 PM
Anybody work in a store in which the customers try to come behind your desk and look at your computer screen when you're looking at their account?

How do you tell them that what's on teh screen is none of their damn business?
cilvzwagent

Sep 19, 2006, 5:38 PM
"Excuse me, I need you to be on the other side of the counter. Because what's on my screen is none of your damn business!" 🤣
peanutblue

Sep 19, 2006, 5:48 PM
What if there are children?
TIERRA226

Sep 19, 2006, 5:51 PM
Our computer are flat screen and are attached to the side of the kiosk. Because the monitors are suspended up high, customers are always twisted their necks around to look. 😡 I just minimize the screen or swerve the monitor away so they can't see.
rwilliams

Sep 19, 2006, 6:13 PM
I get this all the time. For the most part, I just blame it on my boss by saying that the owner is in front of the security cameras all day and freaks out if anyone comes behind the counter. Twisting the monitor usually works, too. They get the point rather quickly that way
mrraincoat

Sep 20, 2006, 2:01 PM
They generally figure it out after the four hour operation that is performed to remove my boot from their ass.
ralph_on_me

Sep 20, 2006, 3:20 PM
I wave my hands in front of the monitor and make noises like a 5 year old. That keeps them away from the monitor and myself.
3ntropy

Sep 20, 2006, 5:28 PM
i just fart.
spidermon

Sep 21, 2006, 9:08 AM
I love when I ask the customer if they know the last 4 of the social and they try to look at my screen for the answer. I tell them that what is on the screen is for me to know and them to find out. 😎
cilvzwagent

Sep 21, 2006, 9:10 AM
Our screen doesn't even pull up any account information until the last 4 of the Soc. We have to put in the phone number and last 4 and then all the account info comes up...THEN asks for the account password if there is one before we can go any further. People want to look at our screens before giving us the correct info, that's just fine...you're not gonna see anything!
ralph_on_me

Sep 21, 2006, 9:28 AM
ours are the same way.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.