Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

im just going to go thru the drive thru naked next time....

dad2b

Sep 18, 2006, 3:26 PM
im so tired of people asking me questions about their phone bill or phone problems when im not working.
i just got back from lunch. i decided i was going to go through the drive thru at chic-fil-a. i place my order and proceed to the window. the girl gives me my drink, takes my card, and doesnt even give me a second thought. i was in the clear until she saw my shirt as she was giving me my food...
her: oh!!!! you work for sprint????
me: uh... yeah...
her: why is my phone bill so high??
me: ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ

i seriously just stared at her for like 20 seconds before i came up with this...
me: we charge chic-fil-a employees extra.
her: really?!?!? sh*t! that sucks!
๐Ÿ˜ฒ
wow. i should have said "because you touch yourself at night"...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 3:29 PM
Oh my, how retarded. How the hell are you supposed to know why here bill is so high without actually seeing her call log? I guess you can figure it out without really checking, you know the ditz probably went over her minutes or downloaded every "hot" Gwen Stefani ring tone, because she's like, totally cool.
chainsaw

Sep 18, 2006, 3:33 PM
lol I have dreams about people stopping me in parking lots harrasing me.
dad2b

Sep 18, 2006, 3:36 PM
it boggles my mind. i think the next time a cust comes in wearing their work shirt im going to ask something stupid like "why were my chicken nuggets cold. oh and there was too much ice in my drink. i want a credit. AND a free 12 piece!!"
craptacularwireless

Sep 18, 2006, 3:38 PM
The sad thing is they'll never understand the comparison, they'll just think you're being an a-hole.
UOQuack

Sep 18, 2006, 4:31 PM
I feel the pain of all you posters here. However, I see these interactions as sales opportunities. I carry a bunch of business cards with me, even when I'm not working, and when people ask me work related questions, I'll whip out a card and tell them to come on down to see me and I'll help them out. I've activated lines, added features, etc for people. Anything to make an extra buck, ya know? I mean, c'mon, this is sales, we work for people. Obviously you're not gonna sit in the drive through and fix her bill for her, but invite her down to your store to take a look at it. You never know what business might come of that simple interaction.
dad2b

Sep 18, 2006, 4:46 PM
well to be honest with you i DONT work for sales. im a tech. i get a flat rate. i dont deal with bills. but even if i did, i dont want to help ANYONE when im on my lunch break. i mean i dont know how much YOU get paid, but i know our sales reps dont get paid enough (even on new act's) to work during lunch. she can come to the store and find PLENTY of people willing to help. she doesnt have to bug me when im obviously not at work. just give me my chicken nuggets and let me go.
raycarroll70

Sep 18, 2006, 4:37 PM
If you go through the drive through lane naked next time, make sure you DO NOT place any hot beverages between your legs.
dad2b

Sep 18, 2006, 4:46 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜
thegreatcatwoman

Sep 18, 2006, 5:04 PM
I feel your pain... I sold phones to my next-door neighbors on both sides. I've been asked for help with phones while checking my mail. โ˜น๏ธ
peanutblue

Sep 18, 2006, 5:17 PM
I worked for Blockbuster when they did their "No More Late Fees" thing. Not only did I have to explain the new policy a hundred times per day in the store; anyone who saw me in uniform and all of my friends wanted me to explain it to them, too. I usually told them that they just beat you with chains if you returned your movies late.
charliegirl

Sep 18, 2006, 5:25 PM
I would have said "I don't know, why is your food so fattening?"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.