Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Just put it on my account

s13driftingTX

Jul 30, 2006, 1:12 PM
Does anyone else get this? I do, all the time. If you can't pay for it now, you're not going to pay for it on you're bill. I'm a third-party dealer so, I have no account access anyways so, I couldn't charge it to your bill.
captainplooky

Jul 30, 2006, 1:17 PM

If you can't pay for it now, you're not going to pay for it on you're bill.

How do you figure?
s13driftingTX

Jul 30, 2006, 1:26 PM
It's usually people wanting a Treo or something expensive. So, if they aren't going to pay the $650 for it now, they're probably not going to pay for it on their bill. That's what credit cards are for.
captainplooky

Jul 30, 2006, 1:46 PM
I was just thinking that some people might be on monthly or other type of pay schedules.

I agree about that is what credit cards are for, but can understand a customer with service considering a small extension of credit reasonable.
disturbed1

Jul 30, 2006, 3:02 PM
If customers want their purchases billed on thier accounts each carrier runs a website and a telesales dept. Sure they won't get their phone right away, but that's the trade off. Either get it now and pay now, or get it later and pay later.

I can't say it's an unreasonable request to want something billed instead of paying immediately. Here's the thing though, unless the carrier themselves own the store, which they don't in most cases, putting it on the account doesn't actually pay for the phone. That being said, sometimes it's difficult for a customer to know if they're dealing with COR or an agent.
fc2462

Jul 30, 2006, 7:41 PM
The last cell phone purchase I made was for two RAZR's at a Verizon corp. store and I am just an ordinary individual private joe schmoe customer and the agent asked if I would like to pay for the phones now or just charge them to my account. And, of course, I said charge it to the account! Why pay for something now if you can pay for it later - its the American way. Then, when I got my next regular monthly bill, the price of the phones were listed under the equipment section and my bill was normal $68 or whatever it was plus the activation fee because one RAZR was a new line and then the $150 price of one phone because it was the buy one get one free deal with a $50 mail in rebate.

So my point is that if the customer is used to dealing...
(continues)
disturbed1

Jul 30, 2006, 7:52 PM
This doesn't just happen at VZW stores though...I get it at my Cing. exclusive agent location too....ALL THE TIME. The thing is that not all companies will even do this at their COR locations. While, again I say, it's not unreasonable, it shouldn't be expected either.
Whitehorse

Jul 30, 2006, 3:44 PM
I'd love to have the option, but as a 3rd party entity myself I don't have it. When I explain it to customers this way - that I'd love to but don't have the option - they understand about 99% of the time...
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 30, 2006, 4:28 PM
We have that ability as a 3rd party but of course, then we have to ship the phone to them from the VAD warehouse, so technically it's not even coming from our physical stock, you know?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.