Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

I know I'm beating a dead horse here...

ondisplay

Jul 20, 2006, 3:37 PM
...but is it really that hard to understand that phones are expensive pieces of equipment and we give you a price break by signing a contract... people are stupid.
krickt

Jul 20, 2006, 3:52 PM
Does your company do offer a break down of your phones? Like "Here is the Motorola Razr V3c, Retail cost $449.95. USCC gives you an automatic $320 in rebates for activating today and getting a two year contract, and on top of that, you can get another $30-$50 in mail in rebates. Making the phone $79.95 or $99.95 depending on which rebate you qualify for." When I have done that, they usually hush.
spum

Jul 20, 2006, 3:56 PM
If I said that in sales pitches, the customer gets confused and doesn't understand why they're supposed to pay $449.95 for a phone that's clearly marked $79.99 (or whatever).
krickt

Jul 20, 2006, 4:07 PM
Well, I save it for when they start complaining about cost, or when they have drowned a phone and can't understand why a phone that cost them $79 yesterday will cost them $449 to replace today. That's when that little tidbit of information comes flying out of my mouth.
spum

Jul 20, 2006, 4:09 PM
Yes, but it's after they've drowned it that the original complaint starts to come about. They don't understand that phones are expensive pieces of equipment because, "I only paid $20 for this when I got it!!"
krickt

Jul 20, 2006, 4:21 PM
There's no way around it. People don't value what they don't pay for, and then they take it out on us when we alert them to their error. I show every customer that I sell a phone the "replacement" cost of the phone, that way they understand that they are getting a deal, and not getting hosed later. I'm the one that's getting hosed, I had to pay close to full price to keep those phones in stock!
spum

Jul 20, 2006, 4:30 PM
So we've come full circle back to the original post.
krickt

Jul 20, 2006, 4:33 PM
It's the only place this kind of discussion could have gone. Sorry, it's par for the course!
Whitehorse

Jul 20, 2006, 4:30 PM
Much safer to beat a dead horse - dead ones don't kick back!!! 🤣

No, it's not that hard to understand - it's accepting the truth that is the issue. The reasons this doesn't happen are legion...
krickt

Jul 20, 2006, 4:32 PM
Millions of people who don't want to take personal or financial responsibility for anything, that's one of the biggest issues. It's always someone elses fault.
Foamy

Jul 21, 2006, 9:12 AM
That, unfortunately, is the American way.
krickt

Jul 21, 2006, 11:10 AM
No, it isn't. It's the American way lately, but that wasn't always the way people were raised.
Foamy

Jul 21, 2006, 11:18 AM
More-or-less that's what I meant. 😛
cheerios

Jul 21, 2006, 4:13 PM
Yeah I wish they would look at a phone for what it really is and does. IT IS AN ELECTRONIC DEVICE!!! Like a tv or a lap top it costs a pretty penny and really, would you pour water on your tv or lap top? I don't think so. Your carefull with them because they are electronics so why wouldn't you be the same way with your phone?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.