Phone Scoop

printed July 24, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=17&fi=70534

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

Back to message list

VZW data transfer services -your opinion?

by sammy2    Jul 26, 2004, 1:02 PM

For years now I have been using the VZW service at some of their stores to transfer my phone book to a new phone. At times it was frustrating because only some stores had the equipment but in general I reeeeally appreciated the service!

I understand it takes time for a sales person to do the work but it was a great service and would save me loads of time.

Last time I went into the store I noticed a sign stating that VZW was going to start charging for the service. This business decision seems short sighted.

If the person is a VZW customer they are coming in to transfer data to a new phone either because they upgraded or replaced a broken phone. The service maintains a happy customer and provides convenience to them at low cost. I recently had to hand input my wife's phone book since the phone would not work. I literally was in the store with my 15 month toddler for an extra 1/2 hour while I wrote down every entry she had (following him around the store to assure he would not damage merchandise). I needed to do this in the store because they needed the old phone before they released the new one. Neither my son nor I were particularly happy but I accepted it as a techological necessity.

No one likes being charged for something that was once free. Decreasing the availability of the service creates a barrier between customer and provider and builds alienation.

A possible alternative is a self service station for existing VZW customers.

Do other providers provide this free service?

opinions?

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.