http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=17&fi=70466

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

Back to message list

Top message:  Porting problems! by DDA   May 29, 2004, 9:25 AM

Replying to:  Re: Porting problems! by GWFOX   Jul 25, 2004, 11:05 AM

Re: Porting problems!

by towermonkey    Jul 26, 2004, 11:44 AM

The only problem I've had is with Nextel ports. Every one I've done (about 10) has fallen out. The first few were my fault, because I wasn't clear on exactly what VZW needed from the Nextel customers, but then it seemed like they were all going to crap. I had one lady who it took almost 4 days for the port to finalize. At least she was cool about it. Cingular, AT&T & T-Mobile have been no problem. Centennial (a regional) had an issue with the way their account numbers were structured, but that's since been resolved.

Landline ports are another matter. I've only done two, but they have both been total nightmares. Both took over a week, and both took multiple phone calls both to the customer & to the VZW PAC. One was a Bellsouth port and the other was a - get this - Smoke Signal to prepaid port. Totally not worth the time that deadbeat took out of my life.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.