Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Tech Agent question on Possible Sales Job

renfield

Jul 26, 2004, 8:33 AM
Heyall, new to the forumns here but since I have the day off due to being home witha ruptured ear-drum (Makes my call center job a tad hard to do!) figured I'd sign up and start posting since I've been impressed with Phonescoop since I found it last year thanks to a customer.
By way of introduction I am currently a Cellphone Tech for Samsung phones (Work for an outsource company here in Austin, Texas). I do Level-1 support, Accessory sales and Data Support, meaning when customers call for help with Synchronizng their i-series phones to their computers (i300, i330, i500, i600 & i700), I'm one of the schmucks they get to talk to. Previous To Samsung I worked for Siemens (Same Outsource company that has since lsot the Siemens account to anoth...
(continues)
towermonkey

Jul 26, 2004, 11:55 AM
Personally, I have NO idea why a tech would want to switch to sales (I'm in the process of moving in the opposite direction, heh), BUT...

I've worked for Radio Crack, Sprint & Verizon.

The 'Crack sucked donkeys. I hated the job, my idiot co-workers, my evil lying sack-of-**** boss, the customers, the junk I HAD to sell... I could go on ad nauseam.

Sprint was marginally better. At least I was dealing solely with phones. The customers were still pretty bad, especially all the Clearpay deadbeats. Given that the store was in a ghetto, pretty much EVERY customer was a Clearpay $125 deposit, $125 ASL. The pay was abysmal. The phones were cool, and some of them were downright awesome. The benefits were both expensive & pretty sorry.

Ver...
(continues)
renfield

Jul 26, 2004, 9:36 PM
I'm actually looking at more of a part-time Job than anything else for now, but figure with my Tech experience it should be a cinch.
But thanks for the info, I had planned for working at a direct store for one of the Service Providers as opposed to a 3rd party retailer or some crack-head Kiosk situation. Though I might look into a fe of the local 3rd party wirless stores and see what they offer and how they treat customers etc...I'd like to be able to put my Data support skills to use helping customers set up their PDA phones and such as that might lead to a higher-paying jobworking as full-time support for some company that needs it, sort of an ultimate goal there. Find my niche and burrow into it, maybe start up a new job-description...8...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.