printed October 22, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=17&fi=70309

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

Back to message list

Tech Agent question on Possible Sales Job

by renfield    Jul 26, 2004, 8:33 AM

Heyall, new to the forumns here but since I have the day off due to being home witha ruptured ear-drum (Makes my call center job a tad hard to do!) figured I'd sign up and start posting since I've been impressed with Phonescoop since I found it last year thanks to a customer.
By way of introduction I am currently a Cellphone Tech for Samsung phones (Work for an outsource company here in Austin, Texas). I do Level-1 support, Accessory sales and Data Support, meaning when customers call for help with Synchronizng their i-series phones to their computers (i300, i330, i500, i600 & i700), I'm one of the schmucks they get to talk to. Previous To Samsung I worked for Siemens (Same Outsource company that has since lsot the Siemens account to another, tells you all about the Company I work for) supporting cordless phones as well as Cellphones, including the SX56 (Actually made by HTC).
Having work for two different Cell manufacturers I've seen the differences and similarities and it's pretty big (I'll go into details later.).
Now, I have been having a major issue with money and paying bills etc...so I'm looking for a part-time Job and figured that since I already havethe tech experience and knowledge to back it up, why not go to work for a Service Provider store? Should be able to get a job easily withmy experience. The questions I have are;

A: What is a good company to work for of the 5 major carriers (Sprint, Verizon, ATT, Cingular and T Mobile)? I would rather work for one of the GSM carriers as it would mean a break on my personal cell bill (Not that it's bad but any reduction in bills is good!).

B: Is there anyone here in the Austin area that would be interested in hiring a Samsung tech who knows what the hell he's talking about when he sells phones? Or at least knows of stores in the area that are hiring? My hours are pretty specific unless I'm givien an offer that pays me more per hour than my current job by a significant amounf that I can quit this job or go part-time on the current job.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated. Be talking to ya'll again I'm sure...Cool

PS - I hope that by posting here ya'll are smart enough to NOT lie to customers when you sell phones, purely for the sake of selling phones. Tired of getting customers who were told "Yes you're phone will do that" when a simple phone call or searchon the internet will say it doesn't!

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.