Phone Scoop

printed December 19, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=17&fi=69664

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

Back to message list

Replying to:  Funny stories in wireless by phonepimp3376   Jun 22, 2004, 2:04 PM

Re: Funny stories in wireless

by dsmith5237    Jul 25, 2004, 1:19 AM

I do sales & service in a Sprint retail store so I hear anything and EVERYthing as we all do in this business. A month or so ago a lady walks up to my desk and politely informs that her phone wasn't working anymore. I take a look at the phone and it's got that mildewy look that just screams water damage. I do the usual and pop the battery off to look at the moisture indicator, but I don't even have to do that because water is just literally dripping onto my hand. I inform her that her phone is dead because of water damage and she is adamant that it's NEVER been wet. I'm like ma'am, it's dripping onto my hand right now (I show her my hand and her still dripping phone). She's like, "oh, well it's still under warranty right?"

Last week: A business customer walks in with an I-500 and says that the scribble pad is no longer working. I take it from him and sure enough the scribble pad is not working. Pop off the battery as usual and see water damage as usual. He curses a few times and says his phone hasn't been anywhere near water, except for the rain the other day...

Then there are the obligatory technophobes who say stuff like, "how do you turn this thing up, it's too darn quiet." I proceed to hit the volume up button on the side and explain the mechanics of such a maneuver.

These stories could go on and on. Sometimes it is very hard not to chuckle during these situations.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.