Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Just a story

bassplayer

Jul 7, 2006, 8:54 PM
I had a customer come into my store a few days ago. His hinge was cracked and he had had the phone for almost 2 months (well out of our return policy). I told him that we couldn't replace the phone (due to how long he had it and the damage) and if he had insurance. He said he did but wasn't going to pay for the phone because he didn't break it. I told him he should go to a direct store to see if they can do a manufacturers waranty replacement, but warned him they probably couldn't because it was broken. He got really angry at me and said that we needed to replace it for free and he wasn't leaving until a manager came and gave him a free phone.

My manager had the day off and wasn't answering their cell phone.

So he threw his cell ...
(continues)
Silver Starfire

Jul 7, 2006, 10:26 PM
Sounds almost like a customer I had today. He clearly had corrosion and would not call insurance. Claims we gave him faulty equipment and owe him a new phone. Everyone in the store could clearly see the corrosion since it was not minor. Not even the manager would budge on this one.
Customer says that he always gets what he wants... well he didn't get it from us. Unfortunatly another store credited his account the $50 so he can call insurance...

Whats the point of noting accounts if the other reps don't read them...
cellular_student

Jul 7, 2006, 10:59 PM
Wow... good stories. Don't ever stoop to their level.
Foamy

Jul 8, 2006, 9:22 AM
The only thing worse then crybaby, bitch customers is the stores that bend over for them. Thus feeding their mentality of "if I yell at them, I'll get what I want."
Septhian

Jul 8, 2006, 9:28 AM
Yeah, I don't reward people for being rude,or otherwise disrespectful; Also I don't so why anyone would.
newfette

Jul 8, 2006, 9:32 AM
on a side related topic...

is it nation throw people in a lake month???

man oh man he amout of water damaged phones i've seen this week is crazy!
guido1869

Jul 8, 2006, 10:53 AM
i would've thrown his phone against the wall and shattered it, when he came back i would've told him that he broke it when he threw it at me
spidermon

Jul 8, 2006, 12:49 PM
when he came back to get it so they dont charge him for the exchange I would have been like to bad I am not your phones babysitter I gave it to my sister 😎 That would have pissed him off
Big Poppa

Jul 8, 2006, 11:15 PM
Nah, I woulda been -

"Sorry sir, we don't have YOUR phone anymore, we have OUR phone. Remember, you threw it at me, telling me to keep our F'in phone! I decided to sell MY phone to some guy on the street who was looking for one."

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.