Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Ma'am, does that make sense to you?

nytshad

Jul 5, 2006, 9:16 PM
I had a kindly middle-aged gentleman and his wife come into my store. It's an vx8100 (so I immediatly think "charging port") but no, it's a cracked display. So I explain to the nice man that his insurence would normally cover that sort of thing, but since he was nice and admitted he dropped it right off the bat and it was a minimal crack with a slow leak (probably brought on by the heat) I was willing to swap it out in the shop for the same deductable. The man was happy with that.

His wife WASN'T and made that fact abundantly clear.

Wife: Why should we have to pay for it, it has a warrentee, doesn't it?

Me: yes ma'am, but the crack in the cystal is considered physical damage and is not covered by the warrentee.

Wife: but he ju...
(continues)
phoneguy45

Jul 5, 2006, 10:39 PM
What is scary is these people might have kids. Lets just hope that they have some sense.
Sholyhit

Jul 6, 2006, 8:46 AM
I love when people tell the insurance company "I got mad and threw my phone at the wall" and then their claim gets denied. They are like "What am I paying insurance for?!" I try to explain to them that insurance is to cover acciental damage, NOT intentional damage and that the reason there is a deductable in the first place is because if the insurance comapnies just gave out free phones, they wouldn't be in business, and the $50 is a lot cheaper than the $300 retail price of your phone... but just because you smash your phone on purpose doesn't mean you are elgible to get $250 off another phone.
nytshad

Jul 6, 2006, 11:34 AM
it's like the song says: "only stupid people are breeding"
Likenonother

Jul 6, 2006, 4:14 PM
I love it when people call in and I ask them multiple times in multiple different ways hav ethey EVER dropped the phone and they insists they NEVER have. I tell them it's a malfunction and we only cover accidental damage and they say "well then I'll just throw it on the floor" I always say "the key phrase is ACCIDENTAL damage." 🤣
rainmanva

Jul 6, 2006, 5:26 PM
yeah that's pretty dumb to think a crack from dropping the phone would be covered under warranty.

dumb people, don't you love them??
spum

Jul 6, 2006, 5:29 PM
No.
Big Poppa

Jul 8, 2006, 11:00 PM
You know what I would have done then..

Me - "Actually, you know I should really go by policy. I don't wanna get in trouble. You'll need to contact the insurance company and have it replaced. I really shouldn't replace it in-store, cuz I might get in trouble. 😁 LoL!"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.